ROP noise followup

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I got rid of my noise coming from the ROP. I tightened all the bolts which took care of much of it but one thing that seemed to stop it was unexpected. I change the stablizers to the telescopic ones and all the noise stopped. I am still not sure what this had to do with it bt it seems to have been working for over a month

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Isn't the stabilizers connected to the base of the ROPS? The sound would travel from the stabilizers to the ROPS at that point.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Cool,, I dont know what they would have to do with it other than maybe resonating the vibration like a tuning fork,, but good ,,Im going to have to check the bolts and give em a snug down

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
The stablizers are connected at the bottom of the ROP's bracket below the axle but I would not think you would pickup any noise below the axle as it has to go tru the place where the ROP is mounted to the axle. But it seemed to stop the noise, either that or something finally wore in that was the problem before. I was a little suprized at how loose some of the bolts were around the axle