Reminiscence of days gone by

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah, it was a different world back then. Its a shame kids today dont know anything about it

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Call me an old fart but, when Bucky was a kid, I don't think they made TVs without remotes. And all the old sets like the one pictured had been hauled to the dump. I appreciate his message though...

Great tune though. Well done.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah well the OM had a set of rabbit ears screwed to the side of the house pointed toward Da Burgh, and we got 4 stations, KDKA 2 clear most times cause it had the most power, one NPR station WQED 13, and later 2 others came on line.. And that was it till I was about 12 or 13 and the set were all hand adjusted all controls. It had VHF and UHF selectors but only 4 stations.
And I still get a drink from the hose sometimes when Im watering the garden :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I remember pulling alert south of Tucson in the late 70's...

Our missile site had a TV that could pull in one station clearly and the second was fuzzy. That was all. But, we had PONG built into the TV!!! That was a blast for about ten minutes! LOL.

As a junior guy, I had the crappy sleep schedule: 4pm to 8-pm, get up and run the show until 4am and then crash again until 8am. That just about killed me. I'd stay awake by re-sizing re-load rounds or reading. What we could have done with 300 channels or better yet, the Internet!

And the kids today are bored with the state of technology?

(sigh)