Rear Remote/Third Function Question

Grege

Equipment
L3800 HST
Apr 14, 2016
Renfrew, Ontario
Hello, Just purchased an L3800HST this week, and I am very new to the Tractor world. I want/require a rear remote(for snowblower shute), and I am thinking of the Kubota kit, but if I am going to put out $900 on a rear remote, is there an option say for an extra $100-$200 that will do both a rear remote and 3rd Function. I do not have a use at moment for front but might in future. Even if I dont plum in the hoses right away just plug ports. Perhaps I would be better to run a long hoses from rear remote to front if I ever needed. Would appreciate your comments and input.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
A diverter is cheaper than third function and works quite well and doesn't interfere with the rear remote. You can assemble the parts on your own or buy a complete kids from Ken's Bolt on or Fit-Rite might be able to sell you one.

On the diverter, you press a switch on your FEL and use the curl/dump function to open/close a grapple etc., release and it goes back to curl/dump.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Be sure to take ease of use into consideration, I have three rear remotes and using one of them to control the grapple etc. would have been really cheap, but the placement of the levers would have made using it a real PITA, my brother's Kioti has great placement and our M8540 is OK, so we use a rear remote; probably will go with a diverter at some point as we are using the grapple and tree/post puller a lot more han anticipated and prolonged use can tend to tire us out.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Unfortunately I do not understand all of the methods and types of hydraulic systems that can be installed on tractors. I tried to figure it out when I wanted to add rear remotes to my L3410, but ended up getting a cab tractor after our NE blizzard this past winter. I spec'ed 2 rear remotes and 3rd function on the front for a blade. Price depending, you may want to consider 2 or even 3 rear remotes for a future toplink and/or deflector for the snowblower. In hindsight, I should have had 3 rears installed.