Quick hitch

silversurfer

Nov 22, 2013
Milburn Utah
Called my Dealer today ask about a landpride quick hitch and the answer was done waste your time on them as they are more trouble than they are worth. Then I ask for a price on a canopy for my L3800 and it was over $600. holy smoke . I have all new Implement so I though I was ok. I hate having to fight the deck mower and the box blade. Is there a trick to easy hook up?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I picked up a 48x66" piece of aluminum deck plate for about $170 at the local steel supply, had it bend a couple of times at the local industrial sheet metal shop for $25, and used the kubota mounts that I already had for the canopy. It would be darn easy to build the mounts; just a couple of 1/8 or 3/16 sheet metal triangles and two 30" pieces of square tubing. Look at a canopy at the dealership and you can copy the plan in about 5 minutes. No welding involved. It will save you about $300...
My neck doesn't bend very well anymore, so I mounted a camera on the canopy above the 3 pt hitch, and put a small monitor up front. Now I just back up to the implement, and have the arms within about a quarter inch of where they need to be. I'm still able to muscle the final alignment pretty easily.
A lot of the guys here use and like the quick hitch on the back. Radio Shack has one pretty inexpensive. Your implements have to have the same width and height of the 3 point mount... For the stuff I have, I'd agree with your dealer.

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
If this dealer said this - you need to find a new DEALER. Land Pride Quick Hitch is one of the best - If not the best - made here in the USA. I have own a few for now well over 20 years. He is out in left field.

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
I was told the same thing by my dealer. After reading how much easier they seem to make hooking up I decided to give it a try. I read where Harbor Freight sells one that is pretty good. At a cheap price. I found a coupon in the online Progressive Farmer magazine for $79.00.
I pick it up few days ago and it seems very similar to the other high priced units. It's fairly heavy guage steel. The top link connections need to be adapted because the hitch hook does not clear the frame on the attachments.

I bought a set of 3.5" shackles for a trailer. Mount one end on the attachment where the top link would hook to it and the other added a grade 8 bolt with a bushing. The hitch hook easily grabs it.
So far it's money well spent.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Now and then it takes a little ingenuity to connect the top link, but the time saved with those lower arms, makes up for any time you spend off the seat to connect the top link.

The reason the dealer said don't waste your time is he does not sell them.
Another dealer is the answer.

My Harbor Freight models take severe abuse and don't show any effects.

jeep08ham

Equipment
B7500
Aug 22, 2011
Fair Grove, Mo
I bought a Harbor Freight Quick Hitch. It was priced at $104.99 and I had a 25% off coupon. Have used it on tiller, box blade, rock rake and bushhog. Highly recommend them.

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I have a Speeco hitch. Not an issue with it. $200 at Farm and Fleet store. Box blade, cutter and road scraper.

warlordof3

Equipment
L4400 HST w/FEL, 8'snow blade,7'landgrader,10' 40gal/sprayer w/wand,quick hitch
Apr 13, 2014
Southern Alberta, Canada
I also have quick hitch & yes, depending on the attachment, you may have to adjust the 3point hitch or the quick hitch itself but it's still easier than without it. The more you use your attachments, the more familiar you will be with where the quick hitch needs to be set.