Question on B6000 factory ROPS

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Dealer installation is best if you can get the tractor to the dealer.
Well, sorta. I guess it depends on the dealer.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Dealer didn't seem concerned at all about me installing my ROPS. Didn't have to sign anything. But then again, I'm not sure the dealer even knew anything about the subsidized ROPS until I bought mine. Neither the dealer nor their rep at Kubota knew I needed an adapter. To top it off, the Kubota website is misleading on price. I went in thinking it was going to be $148 + shipping on the ROPS for my particular tractor model. Well, the $148 was the price of the adapter. I believe it was $165 for the ROPS bar itself. And I think I had about $117 shipping as I recall. Hard to complain because that's still pretty cheap for a ROPS. Unfortunately there were some other screw-ups (not related to the ROPS) at the dealer I wasn't too happy with.

nav0239

Equipment
B6000, B219 loader, 619B backhoe
Jan 4, 2015
Camano Island, WA
Thanks for the picture uler3161. It looks like the ROPS will not work with the BH.

Currently, I turn tractor seat backward and rest my feet on the footrest on the BH to operate it. Looking at your picture, the ROPS will be in the way?

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Hard to say without having a backhoe attachment to look at, but it sounds like there might not be enough legroom by the time you put your legs over the rollbar. And I'm not really sure whether the adapter would be in the road. It might be that the hoe wouldn't even attach up because of that.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Your all lucky, I went to a Kubota dealer here in the UK and he phoned up the Rep at Kubota UK and he said there is no ROPs for my B6000.

Looks like it must be a US only issue with no intention of providing for the uk. :(

Basically said if I wanted a ROPs I would have to find a company and commission one myself.

wanted a ROPs for added safety, and also somewhere to fit some work lights for the dark UK winter months.