Please help identify/modify/mount snowplow

gmcgixxer

Dec 9, 2014
WNY
I am the proud owner of a 1978 Kubota B6100D with 335 hours on it. I just picked up a used dozer/snowplow for it. The gentlemen from whom I purchased it said it was for a B6100. It was a fair price and only 5 hours away so I went for it.

-The rear of the undercarriage bolts up perfectly to the rear differential housing.
-The front of the undercarriage doesn't clear the bell housing.
-The A-frame which houses the hydraulic ram and bolts to the front of the frame on my tractor is ~9.5 inches wide. The front of the frame of the tractor is 8" wide.

I can make this work with some simple modifications. Before I start chopping and welding I wanted to ask you guys if I was missing something or attempting to hook it up incorrectly. Please see the attached, labeled pictures for clarification on my questions/problems.

Also, can anyone identify the model of this plow? I have gone over it from head to toe and cannot find any serial numbers or id tags.

Thank you!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
According to my brochure, the blade appears correct for this series & vintage Kubota tractor. A couple guesses- perhaps it was on a B5100- the 5100 is about 6" short than the 6100. I know there is a length difference between a B7100 HST & B7100 gear, but I don't think they made a 6100 HST. Somebody jump in here if I'm wrong. The width difference up front I'm at a loss to explain, but the mount for the FEL pump on mine widens the front frame a little, but not 1.5". The extra width is the easiest to handle, suitable spacer plates would be pretty easy to fab. I would have to problem notching the subframe to clear the bell housing, but hopefully someone with a better understanding of this will chime in.

Attachments

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Your blade looks exactly like my b205 except the front lift mount and the sub frame. I just went out in the garage and snapped a few pics....

I agree with lil foot, you may have one for a b5100....

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I would take the 4 bolts out, rotate the sub frame up, and mark. Scratch that, make a rough cut, then do the first sentence. Once you have it mounted, with 2 bolts, on each side, mark for a decent cut. Looks like it ain't too far out to be do-able...:D

gmcgixxer

Dec 9, 2014
WNY
Lil Foot, thanks for your reply. They did make a B6100HST. That would have had a longer frame however, right?

I don't mind modifying the undercarriage. Ill notch it and add some metal to ensure Im able to adequately bolt into the frame.

Spacers on the front won't be too painful, lining up the holes can be a PIA.

Hoping someone can tell me what model this thing is. Im thinking its a B204 as it doesn't have the power angling. (I do have a valve for it though that looks to have the ports that support power angling.)

gmcgixxer

Dec 9, 2014
WNY
OldeEnglish, thanks so much for heading out and taking pics. I plan on cutting the front of the undercarriage and welding something to it like what is on yours.

I like the way the front of yours mounts. I'll fab up a plate and add it to mine so it mounts the same way.

DiyDave, thanks for the reply. Thats a good plan. Thanks.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I would say it's a b204 also. I would say if there is a will, there's a way to fix it... Having your sub frame short, I believe your blade will come up short too...

If you need some measurements to help you out shoot me a PM and I can do it tomorrow.