Pivot tires on a compact tractor

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
I have noticed that it's easier to find pivot tires in 11.2x24 a lot cheaper than "tractor" tires in the same size. Would there be any problem doing so, as long as they have a standard V-shaped tread pattern and a high enough load rating? I know where I can get some for less than $160 each, new, but have yet to find out what tread they have. However, having done research on the prices in the past it sure would seem to be a money saver. Just curious if anyone else has done this.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
If you don't have to concern yourself with RC.....matching front to rear for 4WD.........it matters not.

If it fits the wheel and the wheel fits the tractor and you like them.........go for it.

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
If you don't have to concern yourself with RC.....matching front to rear for 4WD.........it matters not.

If it fits the wheel and the wheel fits the tractor and you like them.........go for it.
I DO need to match sizes front to back but my tractor calls for 11.2x24 which is common for pivots. Are those tires sized differently than standard tractor tires?
Bandaidmd, a "pivot" is one of those huge irrigation units that you see used in certain parts of the country. They are self-driven and move around a field as they irrigate.

LeadHead

Equipment
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
You'll have to do the math........match RC front to rear.

See thread below yours for the math.
Sorry, apparently I misunderstood the meaning of your first reply. I do realize you have to match the RC between front and rear.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Sorry, apparently I misunderstood the meaning of your first reply. I do realize you have to match the RC between front and rear.

Then the only thing you need to know is the RC for the front and rear tires and if you can make it work out..............enjoy.

You also need to know the ratio of your particular tractor........I only know the 7100 series being 1.464