Pats Quick Hitch

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Just installed the Pats Cat-2 quick hitch, I'm thinking I'm going to like it better than I figured. It extend the lift links 3.5'', (clearance from tire to implement) this will give me room to turn the rear blade 360, also will have better clearance for the front caster wheels to swivel on the mower.
I had a couple discount coupon's (northern hyd) they where delivered for $145.00, so decided to try'em.......
So-far,, So-good, :D

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I just installed the weld on version cat 1 with home made lift arms and rigid stabilizer bars on my L3700 and dad's L3800. They work great got to try and post some pictures,

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
OT,

Did you buy a spreader bar for yours? (Not sure if Northern offered them...)

I am having an issue because the spreader bar was not bent to a true 90 degree bend to fit in the Pat's hitch mounts. That knocks the hitch mounts slightly so they lean in at the top. That makes engagement with the pins pretty iffy. Gotta get that part resolved.

Using true vertical Pat's mounts will make it much easier to get the pins locked in but your margin is still less than +/- an inch when you back up to the implement. How you would use the Pat's hitches without the spreader bar has me scratching my head, especially with so many widely varied implement widths.

For a lot less than the cost of the adjustable bar, you could make up 1/4" "custom" bars for each implement.

Still "figgering" this one out...

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
No spreader bar at this point, I have my stabilizer bars pined at the spread needed to use the blade, no problem yet,, I have not had time to check the other's.
But I can see where one will be helpful, (save a trip from the seat) You are correct I did not see the bar, and I forgot to ask about it,,:eek:

EDIT; Is what helped,, (with out bar) Put a bun-gee strap between the arm's,, at least it'll keep them pulled together...

Last edited: