Parking Brake

uclarte

Equipment
Kubota B2650 tractor
Feb 9, 2024
Gardnerville NV
I have trouble engaging the parking brake. I can push the brake petal and push the lever down but I rarely am able to engage the parking brade. I have adjusted the brakes to the 1 to 1.5" depression specification but the parking brake still does not function. Any hints?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have trouble engaging the parking brake. I can push the brake petal and push the lever down but I rarely am able to engage the parking brade. I have adjusted the brakes to the 1 to 1.5" depression specification but the parking brake still does not function. Any hints?
If already checked the adjustment and linkage, then sort of running out of easy options…To me the simplest thing left to check is the split brake pedal and make sure pushing the correct pedal (I'm not trying to be disrespectful…I’ve pushed the wrong one myself more than once). Are you pushing L pedal or R right brake pedal or are they kept locked together when trying to use?

I am not sure that helps or not. ☕

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Had two problems with B26 parking brake. Leaving on and getting a firm brake.

Solution was to lengthen and bring the locking handle up and install a light. Both give a good indicator and improved the ergonomics of the handle. Particularly good for multiple operators. 7 years of joy without a problem.
IMG_0487.jpeg

uclarte

Equipment
Kubota B2650 tractor
Feb 9, 2024
Gardnerville NV
I will try pushing on the lever while pushing brake. Thanks.
If already checked the adjustment and linkage, then sort of running out of easy options…To me the simplest thing left to check is the split brake pedal and make sure pushing the correct pedal (I'm not trying to be disrespectful…I’ve pushed the wrong one myself more than once). Are you pushing L pedal or R right brake pedal or are they kept locked together when trying to use?

I have been trying with the brade petals locked. I will try separate. Thanks for the help.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Actually it’s better for me when locked together. Also I would note I think similar to what mdhughes, shared if I do not keep the pressure on the pedal until it catches the pedal just springs back.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Sounds like the parking brake actuator lever mechanism has become sticky or obstructed by debris, or one of is springs has become loose.
Have you gone over the whole park brake system visually, while operating the locked pedals and locking lever? Have someone do that while looking underneath, and take the dash cover off to properly view the lever lock system.

uclarte

Equipment
Kubota B2650 tractor
Feb 9, 2024
Gardnerville NV

It works with separated petals, thanks for the help.

Reactions: 1 user

uclarte

Equipment
Kubota B2650 tractor
Feb 9, 2024
Gardnerville NV
Sounds like the parking brake actuator lever mechanism has become sticky or obstructed by debris, or one of is springs has become loose.
Have you gone over the whole park brake system visually, while operating the locked pedals and locking lever? Have someone do that while looking underneath, and take the dash cover off to properly view the lever lock system.
It seems to work best if I separate the petals, so will try that. Thanks.