Optimum Rpm.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I have had my BX-2680 for over two years. Bought it brand new. Have about 60 hours now.
I wish I would have read this years ago. I have been running mine at minimum RPM, just enough to get the job done. By nature, I am a gentle person.

My hydraulics was becoming weaker and weaker.

I had my tractor serviced early this summer and the tech said the hydraulic fluid was very foamy. He completely drained and replaced it.

I used to mow my entire lawn at idle or slightly above idle. Was I ever wrong!!!

I think what steered me the wrong way was the warning to operate the tractor at low loads for the first 50 hours. I do hope the break in was okay. Now I know.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I run the rpm at the PTO mark while mowing for how ever long it takes. I rarely lower throttle between forward and backing.
When I plow snow I put the hand throttle to the point where the alternator light shuts off. After that , it is idle to wide open and back for each short pass. Not much foot control with heavy winter boots. Geared tractor and the clutch is pretty much dumped from forward to reverse with little thought. I just make sure motion is stopped (most times).
Close to 40 years old and has never been back to dealer.
My father in law was impressed that this little "import" could take such abuse.

Reactions: 1 users