Opinions On L3200

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Just traded my B3300SU for a new L3200HST. Is there any quirks on this machine I should know about? I have heard about 3pt hitch issues... anything else? anyone own one? happy with it? The hump in the floor will take some getting used to after the B3300, but seems like a nice machine, and powerful....

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have a L3700 which is the same power train as yours. My hitch is not gerky and I love mine 2010 and 190hrs.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I have a L3800DT, same basic rig, cept more HP and mine's gear drive.

I absolutely Love the thing!!!

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Thats good feedback... thank you. Glad to hear you like your machines. I B3300SU was a good machine but had a quirk or 2 I did not care for, and the L is a little heavier so I think it will be good-

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i've have my l3200 hst. a couple months now.. 80 hrs on the meter.. hard working little machine. i've had a couple of minor issues… back hoe needed some fittings tightened, lower radiator hose popped off. wasn't tightened enough at the factory. other than that. it's been great…
be careful if you push brush, it will cause you to do more maintenance… the fuel filter assembly is a target…. also the tie rods are out for punishment. if you don't have the front guard and plan on doing any brush work. get one.. it will save you $$$ in the long run...
( i am working my little tractor harder than some people would.. so take my comments with that in mind…)..

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Hey thanks for the input! Yeah I plan on (just as I did with the B3300su) having it dropped at the shop and checking all the nuts & bolts, clamps... tire pressure ect. before I use the machine. I will take some expanded metal and weld it over the grille guard. That is really pointless with out it in my opinion.... maybe do something with that fuel filter too. This machine will be used in the woods some.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
My L3200HST has 60-some hours on it since early last Summer. Could NOT be happier! It has the extra HP and weight I found myself wanting for with the B7500 it replaced. Rides like a Cadillac compared with the others I've had. Many of the hours were moving dirt to fill in around a 1000 gallon LP gas tank - another story. The rest were mowing with a 6 foot Landpride RFM. Spent time building a cab for it at the end of mowing season and am still waiting for the snows - rats. The B7500HST that was also bought new and served well for 10 years. Still have the Ford 1210HST that was used for the ten years prior to the B7500. It's a scrappy little thing that still comes in handy when there's a project that would require switching implements back and forth.

Attachments

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Heater only. A/C would be great, but the cold bothers me more than the heat. The doors lift off easily and maybe having a roof and the lightly tinted glass keeping some of the sun off will make up for blocking some of the breezes.

The cab is made in gasketed sections so it can be disassembled for removal. It was on and off the tractor a number of times during the build. Even though there were fire blankets available, I didn't want to weld over top of the painted and plastic stuff on the tractor more than I had to.

Attachments

RazorL3200

Equipment
L3200, 525 loader, 5' cutter
Oct 1, 2012
Figsboro, Va
I have heard about 3pt hitch issues
I purchased a L3200 in Oct. and I haven't experienced or heard about any 3 pt. hitch issues. can someone fill me in?

I love mine. mainly been bush hogging and cleaning up brush and downed trees. getting ready for planting season too. looking forward to the summer months and mowing.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
From what I have read, if you have not had any trouble you should be ok. I guess some of them will jerk badly, and with a heavy implement they will almost make the machine bounce.... look on youtube. Mine better not be like that. I am going to check that first thing. For a 20k machine it should not do that- Kind of like the timing issues with the B3300su and the vibration. Now that it is a known issue there is really no excuse for any new machine leaving the lot like that.