One of them days

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You know when you are going to do something, you have done 20 times before and you know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it and it should take only an hour?
Today was not one of those days!!!! I went in the garage opened the doors and thought this should be a good day,,,,,, and things went south from there. The mower deck fought me all the way with the take down pins,, acting like they were rusted in place. The bloody PTO yoke which normally just slips right off,,, nawwww not today. Had to use a lady bar and pry it off colar moved and clicked just wouldnt turn loose of the spline, nope not rusted was still a light coat of grease on the spline. Changed oil, do you think I could find a bloody 14 mill socket,, nada. But I found a knuckle buster that fit,, yeah for me. oulled old filter off, put new one on,,, wrong filter,, grrrrrrrr,,, got right filter it went on like it should fill with oil start and everything is good to go.
Now to put on snow plow,, sure easy pezy right, wrong again. I mean how hard is it to pick up the quick coupler hang it on the frame and slip the pins in hook up the hoses and you're done. I wish ! At this point I have about 4 hours in the garage and I ain't done!
Grunt growl, use naughty words,, lots of them ,, no it didnt make it go on easier but it made me feel better.
I looked at the "B" and thought *&^% it , the oil change can wait till another time

Reactions: 1 users

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Some days it seems like it is better to just shut the garage door, turn around and head back into the house..lol. It is just not worth the frustration.

Reactions: 5 users

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Thank you for sharing, I've had those days and it always seems like its just me. Sorry to say but it feels better knowing others have days like these.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
we have thunder snow storm. Thunder , lightning and snow. The B needs bucket from shed and to add forks , work basket and carry all back to shed. I'm cleaning garage for winter.

need retrieve walk behind snow blower from shed. I put it away end of last season with seized bearings or something in the wheels.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
That sounds an awful lot like my Thursday. Took me (embarrassingly) 1.5hrs to take off the mower...get it wedged into the shed. (literally, standing up, but wedged--ugh) then get the snowblower mounted, teeny tiny garage rearranged so I could now fit the 'larger' tractor and then head upstairs , wash my hands and start the coffee maker. I thought I'd be done in 1/3 that time....but this being my first seasonal change I didn't account for the learning curve--oops!

Welcome to Winter?! (almost, way up here in NB, Canada)

-Mike in NB

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Some days it’s just better to try again tomorrow. Wednesday this week was my most recent. Worked all day and couldn’t tell you one thing I actually accomplished other than making myself tired.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - - I can relate. Didn't really have any issues changing over to winter ops, but it just seemed to take forever.

Grease gun ran out, couldn't find the right allen wrench, tire chains too long, etc., etc......

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yeah, there's usually a warning that goes off like klaxons telling you you're going to have a bad day, and tomorrow may not go any better. There are times I would have been better off listening to those klaxons.

I built my new big shop, thinking I can organize things like I want, and work things will be better. I SWEAR, there are already gremlins in that place. Yesterday, I was using a few tools, and I put one down on the table right next to me to use another that I'd picked up right next to where I put the first tool. I reached to pick up the first tool again, and it wasn't there. I was in the shop by myself, hadn't moved an inch from where I was standing, but the tool I wanted was on the OPPOSITE side of the shop. HOW?!!! I have noticed, that whatever tool I want out there, it seems to be the ONLY one I cannot find it, regardless of how recently I used it or whether or not I even moved from where I was standing or sitting. And, I will not be able to find it until I've taken time to find an alternate or even bought a new one. Then, I'll trip over the darn thing when I don't need it anymore, or put it next to the other 7 that I couldn't find when I needed it.

Sometime, that warning sign goes off and it's a really good idea to pay attention to it. Like the time I kicked over my homebrewing bottling bucket with a half pint of conditioning sugar solution in it. I'd already scalded myself with the first batch of boiling water that didn't even make it to the point of getting the sugar in it. I ignored that sign, didn't I? You won't believe how many things can get sticky because of a 5 gallon bucket with a half-pint of sugar water in it being knocked off a stool. I was on the missus' "list" for a few days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - - if it makes you feel any better….we all have them.

My chinesium shop stool bucked me off…probably rated for 200 pounds…..I’m ummm, ah, cofff, just barely a little over 200… coff, coff.;)

Took a tumble, but not far to fall…

I guess you could say I was busting’ my a$$, or almost did…😳😳

Geez, that was probably $20 (with coupon) shot to hell....;);)

Except for the grease, oil, tears, and paint stains, it was like new..... :unsure:

F53FC2B3-D839-432D-9AAA-247945A7AE5F.jpeg

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Skeets - - if it makes you feel any better….we all have them.

My chinesium shop stool bucked me off…probably rated for 200 pounds…..I’m ummm, ah, cofff, just barely a little over 200… coff, coff.;)

Took a tumble, but not far to fall…

I guess you could say I was busting’ my a$$, or almost did…😳😳

Geez, that was probably $20 (with coupon) shot to hell....;);)
Guess it turned out for the best.

Imagine if you had gone straight down, rather than off to the side!

Might have affected your pucker factor!:oops:

• Wow

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Guess it turned out for the best.

Imagine if you had gone straight down, rather than off to the side!

Might have affected your pucker factor!:oops:
(y)(y).....I took a little "inventory" after I got my shyt together.....no pun intended.....:oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I left a can of beer for the gremlins maybe they will go away for a while,,, maybe

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Days like that make you appreciate the actual 'good days'.

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
You know when you are going to do something, you have done 20 times before and you know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it and it should take only an hour?
Today was not one of those days!!!! I went in the garage opened the doors and thought this should be a good day,,,,,, and things went south from there. The mower deck fought me all the way with the take down pins,, acting like they were rusted in place. The bloody PTO yoke which normally just slips right off,,, nawwww not today. Had to use a lady bar and pry it off colar moved and clicked just wouldnt turn loose of the spline, nope not rusted was still a light coat of grease on the spline. Changed oil, do you think I could find a bloody 14 mill socket,, nada. But I found a knuckle buster that fit,, yeah for me. oulled old filter off, put new one on,,, wrong filter,, grrrrrrrr,,, got right filter it went on like it should fill with oil start and everything is good to go.
Now to put on snow plow,, sure easy pezy right, wrong again. I mean how hard is it to pick up the quick coupler hang it on the frame and slip the pins in hook up the hoses and you're done. I wish ! At this point I have about 4 hours in the garage and I ain't done!
Grunt growl, use naughty words,, lots of them ,, no it didnt make it go on easier but it made me feel better.
I looked at the "B" and thought *&^% it , the oil change can wait till another time
I feel your pain, brother!! Those situations, and we all have had them, make for a long day. At the end of the day though, my wife’s smiling face, a hot shower and warm meal ease the misery.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
One tip I would like to provide.

Anytime you need to change a PTO driven attachment, RUN the attachment right before changing it. It makes a huge difference freeing everything up.