Older L275DT w loader or new L3301?!

DirtNap Gear

May 10, 2015
Kansas Ciy, Missouri
Hey gang,

Ive been researching a ton but its time for real world advice. Im trying to decide between a brand new L3301 with loader or a 1984 L275dt with loader.

First time tractor buyer. I just moved to 12 acres. I will be using it to grade my drive, plant foodplots, till my garden, blade snow and level lots of ground around my home. I will also be taking it to my deer hunting property 25 minutes from my house for wildlife food plots and field cutting.

I have searched extensively and found a beautiful l275dt with 1409 hours on it. Very well maintained for $7500 and he will include a trailer for another $1000.

Opposite argument is a brand new L3301 with loader and box blade with r4 tires for $18,800 delivered to my house. 0% for 60 months.

I am very particular about taking care of my things so new sounds good. I am also not super mechanical beyond basic maintenance nor do i want to constantly be working on a machine. That being said, i am unsure just how much i will use the tractor so starting cheaper is appealing.

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DirtNap Gear

May 10, 2015
Kansas Ciy, Missouri
Hey gang,

Ive been researching a ton but its time for real world advice. Im trying to decide between a brand new L3301 with loader or a 1984 L275dt with loader.

First time tractor buyer. I just moved to 12 acres. I will be using it to grade my drive, plant foodplots, till my garden, blade snow and level lots of ground around my home. I will also be taking it to my deer hunting property 25 minutes from my house for wildlife food plots and field cutting.

I have searched extensively and found a beautiful l275dt with 1409 hours on it. Very well maintained for $7500 and he will include a trailer for another $1000.

Opposite argument is a brand new L3301 with loader and box blade with r4 tires for $18,800 delivered to my house. 0% for 60 months.

I am very particular about taking care of my things so new sounds good. I am also not super mechanical beyond basic maintenance nor do i want to constantly be working on a machine. That being said, i am unsure just how much i will use the tractor so starting cheaper is appealing.

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks in advance.

Anyone out there?