Old beat down L175

Danielbe

Equipment
L175
Aug 21, 2021
Norway
Hello!
Well, like the thread tittle states I've recently purchased a L175 (unknown year) from a friend of mine.. Payed 1500 $ and it came with 2 buckets and a load of dust 😅
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this thing, it's got a boatload(pun intended, keep reading) of charisma..

The original engine was seized and guy owning before my friend did took the engine from an old boat. It runs great but has THE WORST wiring harness I've ever seen. Spent the day today just ripping it all out and I'm going to replace it with a self-made harness, so that shouldn't be problem!

However, since the engine was lifted from a boat it had a different oil pump and no cooling fan. I've managed to get a hold of a pump, the pump housing, gears and gasket. Apparently all brand new parts that will ship from Belgium sometime next week.. Since my knowledge around hydraulics are slim to non, I'll probably ask some "newbie" questions and post some pictures as I go along.. What's really cool is that it has working heatingsystem! Which probably will come in handy since I live in Norway 🥶

This project is not ment to a be a full restoration, but just some light essential work so it'll live on for years to come.

Soooo, my first question is where would the serial/production year tag be located on this one? The only picture I've got now is this one, but will upload some more tomorrow..
IMG_20210822_200946.jpg
IMG_20210822_200925.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There should be a small nameplate on the side of the tractor by the pedal on one side of the tractor (can’t recall which side)