S.E. Louisiana

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The fitting at the top of the cylinder is a 90 degree elbow. So I need to consider that.
As long as it slips over the swivel you can work the sleeve around the elbow..

Way too much is being made of rupture. I could make a long list of very real physical dangers posed by a CUT. Hydraulic hose rupture would not make my list. I have experienced them and they are messy but not life threatening

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Alfred_2345

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SGC1060, RZ60, Box Blade, Z726XKW ZTM, RTV-X900
Jan 5, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
I recently purchased this, mainly for abrasion protection: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJKDVT1T
Its a bit thin compared to the OEM sleeving on the tractor and it tore along the length where it had been folded/creased but at the price delivered, I am OK with it as it's better than nothing.

@The Evil Twin , you said $0.30 per foot more than abrasion sleeving, I too would go with that now that I know the difference. But from what I see it more like 3X ($1/ft standard sleeving vs $3/ft burst sleeving, small qnty, delivered). Where did you see that pricing, I'm always on the look out for reasonable suppliers.

BTW: That HellermannTyton sleeving (hegws100-pa6-bk) does not seem to be available in North America. Google only showed European distributors.

Semo

Equipment
KX 033-4 Exmark EFI 60"
Apr 3, 2022
S.E. Louisiana
My understanding is that the sleeves are to protect from highly pressurized oil spray. Not necessarily to protect the hoses.
Since I'm doing a lot of tree work, protecting the hoses is a nice idea, but protection from pressurized oil spray also sounds desireable.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not as good as the dedicated-product…but “cheaping-out”…. when adding a diverter-valve for a top-link… I’ve used the legs cut out of some old bluejeans…. and the sleeves cut out of an old welding jacket. (primarily for abrasion-resistance as they route beneath the tractor)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I recently purchased this, mainly for abrasion protection: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJKDVT1T
Its a bit thin compared to the OEM sleeving on the tractor and it tore along the length where it had been folded/creased but at the price delivered, I am OK with it as it's better than nothing.

@The Evil Twin , you said $0.30 per foot more than abrasion sleeving, I too would go with that now that I know the difference. But from what I see it more like 3X ($1/ft standard sleeving vs $3/ft burst sleeving, small qnty, delivered). Where did you see that pricing, I'm always on the look out for reasonable suppliers.

BTW: That HellermannTyton sleeving (hegws100-pa6-bk) does not seem to be available in North America. Google only showed European distributors.
I was comparing 1.69/ ft. to 2.09/ ft. When I checked back, I saw the note that the burst protection min order is 300 feet. Probably that is a whole roll. There is a local Ag Indistrial hydraulic shop near me. If I get some time to stop in when they are open, I will.
Even at 3 bucks it is not bad for the 15 feet I would like to do.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
At .30/ft I suspect that "rating" is in the mind of the seller.

Dan
.30 MORE per foot. Not .30 per foot. Comparing the difference between two products from the same place. I stand corrected at .40 per foot after looking back. And that is for the roll, unfortunately.

Semo

Equipment
KX 033-4 Exmark EFI 60"
Apr 3, 2022
S.E. Louisiana
Thanks Mikester, I assume you've ordered from this company before. What kind of quality would you say the sleeve material was? I called and the guy I talked to said they are manufactured by Fairview.
Decided to go with this for a try. Comments welcome.
You're going to want the ID of the sleeve to be larger than the crimped on fittings of the hose, not the OD of the hose itself.
Yep! Just measured the fittings. Thanks for the reminder.