Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Chevy commercial, or Stihl? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, either. :p

Was putterin' on the tailgate and decided to take a pic!:p

The big saw is an 046 Magnum, the little one a MS211. Just got the BG86 leaf blower this spring.

Like I said, no purpose.....

Attachments

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Two vehicles.
One gravel drive.
One tarred road.
Don't know what the saws are for. :confused:

Ahhhhh! . . . . a commercial for a paving company. :p ;) :D

Yesssss . . . . you are going to sit in a chair and watch them do the work then tell everyone that you saw them do a nice job.:cool:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Two vehicles.
One gravel drive.
One tarred road.
Don't know what the saws are for. :confused:

Ahhhhh! . . . . a commercial for a paving company. :p ;) :D

Yesssss . . . . you are going to sit in a chair and watch them do the work then tell everyone that you saw them do a nice job.:cool:
Olthumpa - -

You have no idea how that made me chuckle!!:D

I'm becoming my father.:p

My Dad lives in Suburbia, USA now, at 77 years old. Retired dairy farmer, then a roller operator for a paving company for 30 years.

He has a Stihl 056 Super, and newer MS290. As he got older, he needed a saw smaller than the 056. I bought him the 290 for Christmas, so he could take care of the trees on his half-acre lot.:p

There was a time we both needed big saws, but that time has passed.:eek:

However, there is NOT ONE BIT of work that happens on his street without him supervising!!!

Thanks again for the laugh!:cool:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The power company came into my yard and blocked a tree from the top down as it was leaning onto my power line. I watched the whole thing from my lawn chair. Thought, hey-i could do this all day. Except for the part of the stihl 006 with a dull chain...that was kinda painful to watch.

Husky,stihl jonsereds
Ford chevy dodge
Its all a matter of preference.
They all junk when they break.
It is nice to have an assortment.

Last edited:

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We call those fellows Sidewalk Superintendents, paved very few streets without one. Darn right entertaining when you get two or more together! The only one with more expertise is the truck driver hauling the mix, they always know how to pave it "the right way".

My current job is safety coordinator for a road building and paving operation, about as well received as a sidewalk superintendent?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We call those fellows Sidewalk Superintendents, paved very few streets without one.
HA! I can relate!!

In his day, my Dad was very skilled as a roller operator. His company has done 3,000 ton/day doing airport work with one crew.

That skill, however, makes him a HUGE PITA as a Sidewalk Superintendent!:p:p

My Mother retired from another paving/bridge company. Plan was if either company got a big job in my area, Sonny-boy gets a new asphalt driveway. One company would probably be free, the other I would have had to buy material. But that's okay!! ;)

For 20 years - nothing. Then, both companies did big jobs here after they retired!

My box blade is great for grading a stone driveway...... :p

Last edited:

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
It's a 15 hp old bota with attachments now but when I graded my yard originally I used a 140 g grader , 936 loader, and track skid steers with the company I worked with.

I have a 6" deep recycled concrete drive way that is better than the roads I get here on.

Paved will be some time to be able to achieve!