New to me B8200HSTD that needs some work

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Well I just got my first Kubota, been around tractors my whole life but never had a Kubota, so I was looking for something that needed some work, but over all was mechanically sound. That is when I ran across this 84 B8200 HSTD with loader, its rough, and needs work, but it starts right up and runs smooth, the loader works good, no major leaks and very little rust in it for a tractor this age that looks like it has sat outside a lot, will need so electrical work as nothing on the dash works, missing switches, etc. All fixable in time.

Been on the site reading the last few days and there is such a wealth of knowledge here.

landphil

Equipment
B8200 backhoe brushhog gannon tiller disc snowblade
Jun 22, 2011
Flagstaff ,AZ
Hey good luck with that b8200, looks pretty good. I have fixed pert near everything on it and have crawled over every square inch of it. I work as a landscaper and use a lot of fullsize equipment, I wasa bit worried that it would be too small for me. These compacts are well designed and built and have a lot of power for their size. Its all torque and gearing. For my ranch its perfect and easy to work on, I can barely change a battery on a bobcat. Bobcats kick butt but they are all business. Kubotas are fun.

phil

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Thanks, electrical 90% fixed. both fuse holders were falling apart, replaced them and everything on the dash works and the battery is charging when its running now, just need to find replacement sockets for the headlights, the old ones are crumbling, used it over the weekend to do some digging and material moving, gotta say I love this tractor already. All fluids also changed, didn't know when it was done last so figured I had better do it.

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Well, first thing is you are not going to need that loader so I will come and pick it up:D:D:D. That tractor just looks fadded, nothing bad at all. When I bought mine it had sat outside alot. Rusty spots all over it. It doesn't care, purrs right along. I'll get around to restoring it when I get a break. Solid tractors and are work horses. Have fun.

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
LOL shua57, come and get it huh lol. Well I went over it pretty well and it needs little things, nothing major, like you said its just mainly faded, nothing that will keep it from being very productive around my place :)