New “take off” BX front tire/wheel

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Just thought I’d pass along that I bought a brand new take off tire/wheel from Messick’s on fleabay…dealer wanted $180 for the same thing. Messick’s was $80 + ship. Good deal! I will “stud” this when it arrives to match my other one.
1st frost this morning in central NH so…it’s coming! Will mow my grass one more time,oil change, then off comes the deck and on goes the blower. Now, if I could only find a store that has rock salt out…need to put my sand/salt barrels out soon.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Glad it worked out well for you. Sounds like you got the whole goods price for that tier/wheel. Not bad for one piece, as I suspect they sell the tires/wheels combo in whole goods as a unit of four pieces.

Now if I could just convince myself to sell the four turf tires,wheels that I bought with my BX2200 years ago, that I will never use. Always keep in the dark in my shed. But not worth the trouble of trying to unload them.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Glad it worked out well for you. Sounds like you got the whole goods price for that tier/wheel. Not bad for one piece, as I suspect they sell the tires/wheels combo in whole goods as a unit of four pieces.

Now if I could just convince myself to sell the four turf tires,wheels that I bought with my BX2200 years ago, that I will never use. Always keep in the dark in my shed. But not worth the trouble of trying to unload them.
Literally half price than the dealer wanted. And the trouble with the dealer was no one seemed to know what size dang wheel my BX25d took! A sorry situation for sure! Where do you live?
Might take some tires/wheels off your hands if local.,,,

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Literally half price than the dealer wanted. And the trouble with the dealer was no one seemed to know what size dang wheel my BX25d took! A sorry situation for sure! Where do you live?
Might take some tires/wheels off your hands if local.,,,
One thing i do know is that my spare tires for my BX2200 worked for the rear wheels on my son in law's BX23S but the front wheels would not fit. So there are some differences between BX versions...

I live in Pittsburgh area, just north of the city. For what that is worth...Pittsburgh is PA for those who are not familiar. I remember when I joined the Coast Guard to avoid Vietnam, I used to always say I'M from PIttsburgh, do you know where that is? LOL

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
One thing i do know is that my spare tires for my BX2200 worked for the rear wheels on my son in law's BX23S but the front wheels would not fit. So there are some differences between BX versions...

I live in Pittsburgh area, just north of the city. For what that is worth...Pittsburgh is PA for those who are not familiar. I remember when I joined the Coast Guard to avoid Vietnam, I used to always say I'M from PIttsburgh, do you know where that is? LOL
Strangely enough, we have a Pittsburg NH. It’s the northernmost town in NH bordering Quebec. I don’t think I’ll be traveling to your state for tires! Throw them on Craigslist…someone will need them!

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Got my Messicks take off BX tire/wheel…very fast shipping! Brand new and a Perfect match for my other new one from my dealer. Installed the screw in studs today, took off my 60” deck and stored it, and changed my oil.
Tomorrow I’ll put my sand/salt barrels out and fill them up. Then I can remove my loader and re-install the backhoe for winter snow blowing. I’ll do a practice install of the new snow blower to make sure it all fits and operates. I’ll be ready for whatever ol man winter has to throw at me!

CosmicArkie

Equipment
BX2200
Oct 29, 2021
Texas
Strangely enough, we have a Pittsburg NH. It’s the northernmost town in NH bordering Quebec. I don’t think I’ll be traveling to your state for tires! Throw them on Craigslist…someone will need them!
There's a Pittsburg, Texas; home of Pilgrim's Pride....

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There's a Pittsburg, Texas; home of Pilgrim's Pride....
BUT there seems to be maybe only three cities in North America that can spell the name Pitthburgh properly...LOL

Pittsburgh PA
Pittsburgh in North Dakota
Pittsburgh in Canada, Ontario