new member of the Orange family

Oscarman

Equipment
L3200DT
Jun 14, 2014
Greenville, Michigan USA
Will be taking delivery next week of a new L3200DT (along with a LP 60 inch bush hog and LP rear blade). Got a GREAT deal because the 3200s are being discontinued and geared tractors aren't nearly as popular apparently as HSTs.

We passed - for now - on a FEL (we just couldn't afford it right now), but are hoping we can get a FEL and a backhoe next spring/summer. We recently moved to a 30 acre farm and will eventually need both.

Grew up using an old John Deere 40, but am not sure JDs are what they once were, plus it's hard to find a Kubota owner that doesn't love their orange machine. Am looking forward to learning about (and using) our new Kubota. Am also looking forward to learning from and chatting with everybody here.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Congrats and welcome from one Michigander to another! You'll enjoy your new tractor!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Welcome to OTT! I reckon you will love the tractor - a good size for 30 acres! Enjoy...

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Save up for that FEL first! You will get 10X the use out of your tractor as you will without it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Congratulation ,, and I have to agree with buckaroo,, work some kind of a deal,,, I went like you did and have regretted it ever since,, the couple extra bucks wont make that much difference in the payments,, and remember down the road your going to kick your self hard if you don't,,, and finding a used one that's in fair shape, your going to find out its going to cost almost as much as a new one,,, I know spending someone else's money is easy, I'm just speaking from experience.. and it mine have been paid off by now:mad:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I really have to agree with everyone else on the FEL. Once you start using something that will pick up and move things weighing 1000+ pounds, it is AMAZING how often you do it! You will say goodbye to your wheelbarrow in short order... If you just moved to the farm, now is when you are doing the lifting and moving, fencing, leveling, etc. Everything is easier when you do it with the bucket.

Oscarman

Equipment
L3200DT
Jun 14, 2014
Greenville, Michigan USA
it sure is easier spending other people's money....:) we just couldn't afford a FEL right now and need a blade more than a FEL (in the short run anyway). besides a guy nearby has a tractor with a FEL if we get into a pinch.