New Lx2610 Paint question

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe their off brand stuff is junk, but I’ve always had very good and lasting results with a Rustoleum paint product. I haven’t painted on a tractor, but I have used it on implements and it holds up well.
Rustoleum paint is decent quality......TSC Magic is not!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I can't see a difference in my tractor vs. loader. Both orange of the same shade. At least to my eyes. I'm guessing with the OPs one of them (tractor) sat on the lot for a while? Maybe? I get that dye lots can vary, but that is significant.

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
1706197375818.png

Tractor Supply sells Rust-Oleum spray paint and canned paint in Kubota Orange. It is stocked in stores, and it can be ordered on their website.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I can't see a difference in my tractor vs. loader. Both orange of the same shade. At least to my eyes. I'm guessing with the OPs one of them (tractor) sat on the lot for a while? Maybe? I get that dye lots can vary, but that is significant.
Get a cabbed tractor and now you have a third orange to "worry" about! :LOL:

Seriously though, I'm ok with a product whose only issue is how well the paint color matches on various parts. As for paint, I like the orange and grey that the local Kubota dealer sells. It's expensive but really good stuff and the cans can be inverted to clean out the nozzle so they remain viable over many months and uses.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Good Evening Recieved my New Lx2610 from the dealer. all is good and well! and have already put nearly 10 hours on it. Cleaned a much needed area up.
Wife pointed out on any photos we take of the tractor there is a major difference in paint color from tractor to the FEL or backhoe including subframe is this a norm? Body appears more Red while everything else is a nice orange. also looking up manufacture date shows 2022 of Nov.
View attachment 120940

Also any suggestions for rops matching paint (close enough is good enough) making some LEW brackets. Dealer wants nearly $25 a can
There does appear to be a significant mismatch on the orange, but I don't understand this way of thinking. You pay a lot of money for a tractor and $25 for a can of factory paint is a problem?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 121051

Tractor Supply sells Rust-Oleum spray paint and canned paint in Kubota Orange. It is stocked in stores, and it can be ordered on their website.
Rust-oleum can go @#$% themselves! Their nozzles and cans suck since you can't invert the can and clean out the nozzle. I stopped buying their crap about four years ago when three white paint cans stopped dispensing paint with 90% of the paint still in the cans. I use white paint for steel targets out to 1,000 yards and it sucks walking out there to find that the paint cans don't work.

No such problem with Kubota paint or even cheap ACE Hardware paint. @#$%^&* Rust-oleum. I've been using ACE paint on steel targets for a few years now without any issues and will continue to do so.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
The question was whether Tractor Supply sells something other than their house brand; the quality of their house brand being questioned by some. I have not used any touch up paint yet, but I plan to apply some to the hook areas of my quick hitch. These are friction/contact points, and any paint will eventually be removed. I will treat the areas with The Must For Rust (spray it on and leave it) to remove any minor surface rust, and then I will give them a quick spray the next day.

I plan to try the Rust-Oleum from Tractor Supply. It is in stock at the TSC store in the town where my tractor is located versus driving 30+ minutes to my Kubota dealer. If it does not work well, I will try something else next time. I have treated (Must For Rust) and sprayed (Rust-Oleum) our iron patio furniture (heavy enough for coastal Georgia) every 5 or so years; it looks like new at 20+ years old.

I hope this thread has not caused any participants to have too great a spike in their blood pressure. :ROFLMAO: