New (HA HA) B7000DT

eventhorizon000

Equipment
Kubota B7000
May 23, 2014
Delta Junction, AK
I recently purchased a Kubota B7000DT with a FEL and a tiller. Being tractors are expensive and difficult to find around here, I paid a premium for this grey market tractor. I have only owned it for 2 months and have moved 15-20 yards of dirt so far. I have had to make 1 repair. I broke a tooth(19 tooth spur gear) in the front gear reduction unit and had to run 2x4 for a few weeks while I waited on the part. I broke the gear while in low reverse backing out of a hole with a full bucket of damp dirt. In 2x4 ops I realized just how much the tractor was front heavy with a load of dirt. I had almost no traction at the rear wheels. I loaded 300 lbs of sandbag on the tiller and put 14 gallons of antifreeze in the rear tires to balance out the load with great success. 4x4 has been fixed and what a difference in traction. I am concerned about some chatter coming from the throw out bearing and the clutch pedal travel I would also like to switch out my r2 tires to a r1 pattern. I have read some threads that say the rim also needs to be changed and some that just mention new rubber only. Has anyone changed their tires to standard r1 5.00-12 and 8-16 ag tires or switched to other sizes? also, does anyone have the part numbers for the clutch components? i think its going to best to replace what I can get while I can get to it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If you search the posts or already know your north american equivalent to your tractor you can get a free pdf download of the parts breakdown. Looked on there, didn't see the b7000 but they did have one for a b7100 :)

eventhorizon000

Equipment
Kubota B7000
May 23, 2014
Delta Junction, AK
Thanks for the reply. I have read a few times that when switching from the japan only rice tires to a standard r-1 tire, the rim also needs to be changed but haven’t been sure it was really needed. Looks like most of the posts are “I heard it needed it so I did it” but no real verification as to the differences between the rims. From what I have been able to find, the b7000 shares some parts with the b5100, 6000, 6100, and b7100, but is its own monster. I have not bought the parts manual for it yet, but that is next on the list.