New BX2370 Owner and FEL LA243A

golly pete

Equipment
2015 Kubota BX2370 FEL LA243A
Mar 25, 2015
Beech Island, SC USA
New to the Orange family. I have been back and forth from brand to brand for months now and finally got orange in my blood. Getting it delivered tomorrow! Thanks to the other dealers; Mahindra, LS and John Deere for the information and time answering my questions. Through it all the BX2370 fit my budget and satisfaction with build and quality. Even with the John Deere Plant 14 miles away in Augusta,GA. For $13,200, I was able to get:
Kubota BX2370 Tractor
Kubota LA243A FEL
Land Pride BB1248 Box Blade
Kubota RCR1248 Cutter
I own 20ac with a drive 3/10 mile. I have a lot of dirt hauling for drive maintenance and I plan to thin my hard woods out (2" dia) trees and remove the mess that the ice storm left me with from last year. My concern is the PTO hp for the cutter. Will the 2370 perform with the cutter? I will not be using it for the initial clearing but maintaining the under growth and the highway frontage.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
New to the Orange family... finally got orange in my blood. Getting it delivered tomorrow!
I was able to get:
Kubota BX2370 Tractor
Kubota LA243A FEL
Land Pride BB1248 Box Blade
Kubota RCR1248 Cutter

plan to thin my hard woods out (2" dia) trees and remove the mess that the ice storm left me with from last year. My concern is the PTO hp for the cutter. Will the 2370 perform with the cutter? I will not be using it for the initial clearing but maintaining the under growth and the highway frontage.
Oh, golly, Pete, my heart goes out to you! My blood got tainted last Christmastime and I can identify with your suffering! Fortunately, you will have a lot of toys ... er, tools that will require your attention to safely operate and that should distract you from your pain.

As to the LandPride: if you rip out those 2" trees (or cut and grind them to the ground) then your HP should be adequate to spin that puppy. Mowing (unless very tall, thick, and wet) shouldn't be a problem, and what the old-timers confess to doing when the going gets tough: drop down into low range and keep on going.

Keep us posted on your progress!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Congrads pete Now don't for get pictures!!! And have fun,,,,errrr enjoy,,,,errrr..Hmmm how can I say this,, learn how to use your new toy,,,errrr TOOLS yeah that's it tools safely and make sure you come back!

Itsals1

Feb 7, 2015
Eau Claire,WI,USA
Golly Pete,
How were you able to get all those toys, I mean tools for $13,200.00 :confused:
That's about what they sell the tractor and loader for at my dealer. Could you share your dealers contact info?

Thanks

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Great Deal! You are going to have more fun than a barrel of hotdogs at a dog park!

Your orange friend can handle the cutter fine. I run a 48" heavy duty (with stump jumper)behind my B7100 with no ill effects and its quite a bit less hp than the 2370 at the pto.

Good golly miss molly, where are the pics???? :eek: