Need you wizards' help IDing this FEL

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Hi, thanks for reading. I "ass"-umed that the B6100 I bought would have a model plate on the loader, and I *did* look for it when it was delivered. I asked the seller what model it was but he didn't know. (I was ready for that answer, as the tractor was listed as a B6100DT but was a gear tranny, so ...)

I'm having trouble finding info on the Kubota loaders for the B6100; after floundering around on the I'net for a few weeks, I think there MAY be two: the B219 and the LA211. (I've seen YouTube vids of the B219 on a B6100, and I *think* I've seen comments that the LA211 will bolt onto the B6100. However, I'm having trouble finding pictures of either, and from what I could tell from the YouTube vids, the loader I have is *NOT* a B219, which I think has a "joystick" controller.

So, what is this puppy:

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
A far as I can tell, that is a B219.
Your statement:
*NOT* a B219, which I think has a "joystick" controller.
has me confused- "joystick controller", as opposed to what?

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The factory ID tag for the B219 was on the inside of the left upright- maybe painted over or gone, but it's worth a look.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Hi, Lil Foot; thanks for the feedback!

A far as I can tell, that is a B219.
Well, that's great to know, and thank you for the quick reply!

Your statement:
*NOT* a B219, which I think has a "joystick" controller.
has me confused- "joystick controller", as opposed to what?
Well, the vids I've seen and the pic of the B219 had a single, long lever to control lift and rotation. I thought that if mine was a B219, "somebody" had done some aftermarket adjusting. Do you think the control setup changed over the years from two levers, lift and rotation, to one for all?

Cheers!
-Shaun-

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
The factory ID tag for the B219 was on the inside of the left upright- maybe painted over or gone, but it's worth a look.
Ah ha! I scrutinized the inside of the upright and found what appears to be the model info, painted over. I'm anal enough to consider masking the area, slicing through the paint with a razor blade, and stripping off the paint...

Nah, with your info, I think I know all I need to know; I don't expect there would be any critical info under the paint.

Cheers!
-Shaun-

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The B219 came with the 2 lever, 2 spool Cessna valve as shown in one of my pics. Because the valve is no longer made, people assume that it is not rebuildable, so many have been converted to single lever valves. (I've thought about it myself, I like the single lever setup.)
The tag on mine had been painted over also, but I used a graffiti remover solution to carefully clean mine, looks like new. The only thing interesting is the serial number, but the company has been out of business for decades, so there is no support from them anyway.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
By the way, keep an eye on that bucket.;) i've had several of my buddies say they're going to steal mine. It holds more volume that their newer FEL buckets, and because it's curved rather than angular, stuff doesn't stick when you dump.

Attachments

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Carb cleaner/lacquer thinner/acetone, etc. will often cut through rattle can paint with no issue. You might try that.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
By the way, keep an eye on that bucket.;) i've had several of my buddies say they're going to steal mine. It holds more volume that their newer FEL buckets, and because it's curved rather than angular, stuff doesn't stick when you dump.
Oh! *OH*!!! A BH!!! Ohhhhhh

My got-to-have was a FEL, and my nice-to-have was a BH. I would have "taken" a belly-mower if it was part of the deal but hoped not to find a machine with a MMM... AND YOU HAVE MY DREAM MACHINE!

Well, don't worry about me stealing your bucket, or your BH -- I owe you for the info you've provided. (When I can, I'll post pics of my security apparatus, I'm worried about those nefarious scoundrels too!)

Cheers!
-Shaun-

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yeah, I got pretty lucky when it comes to implements. Backhoe worked when I got it, but leaked everywhere & had a lot of play. Rebuild thread:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482&highlight=b670
The cylinders on the FEL need rebuilding next, I've done the hoses & control valve, but I'm trying to get through a major driveway project before I take it out of service.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014