Need Help with Belly Mower mounting on BX22

CDN2USA

Equipment
BX 22
May 21, 2013
Goochland, VA
I just purchased a used BX22 c/w Loader, Backhoe and Belly Mower. Love it.

But, I am having issues with removing and re-installing the Belly Mower (RCK60). The rear arms do not move down enough to remove the pins. The arms move in the same relation as the rear 3 point hitch connection, those arms come down and stop when they hit the backhoe's floor. I can't seem to figure out how to increase this relationship to get the mower arms closer to the ground. I have all the manuals for the tractor except for the mower.

Can someone provide advice on how to get the arms to move lower, or point me in the direction to locate the manual?

Thanks

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
CDN2USA, please see my response to you on the RD Gray mid mount mower conversation on this same thread (implements and attachments).

Ben

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada

But, I am having issues with removing and re-installing the Belly Mower (RCK60). The rear arms do not move down enough to remove the pins. The arms move in the same relation as the rear 3 point hitch connection, those arms come down and stop when they hit the backhoe's floor. I can't seem to figure out how to increase this relationship to get the mower arms closer to the ground. I have all the manuals for the tractor except for the mower.

Can someone provide advice on how to get the arms to move lower, or point me in the direction to locate the manual?

Thanks
Hi on our bx2230 and 2660 there is a black knob between the seat and floorboard up from your left foot, try lowering it to the lowest number. By setting it on the lowest number it should allow the arms to go down further. I hope this helps Barry

CDN2USA

Equipment
BX 22
May 21, 2013
Goochland, VA
CDN2USA, please see my response to you on the RD Gray mid mount mower conversation on this same thread (implements and attachments).

Ben
Tried that knob. Turned it to the lowest number with the mower raised, then lowered it. It did lower it more, still not enough.

How do you prevent the mower from moving when using the 3 point?

Thanks for your help.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Tried that knob. Turned it to the lowest number with the mower raised, then lowered it. It did lower it more, still not enough.

How do you prevent the mower from moving when using the 3 point?

Thanks for your help.
Hi when you have the mower removed crawl underneath and you'll see how the adjustment works ( pretty simple). On ours you lift the deck to the top then turn the knob to the top position (as indicated on the knob) then you may use the 3pth and the deck will stay in the full up position. Hope this was helpfull. Barry

Fishstiq

Equipment
BX25
Feb 26, 2013
Washington State

Thanks

Something else worth mentioning...

On your MMM, there are 4 anti-scalping wheels, one on each corner. They are held in place (and adjusted) with pins held by keyrings. If they are set too high, they won't reach the ground and support the weight of the mower when you lower the mower all the way to try to remove it. Remove the keyrings and pull the pins, and you will see that the post the anti-scalping wheels are mounted to will drop down quite a bit, and they also have an adjustment to turn 90 degrees (so they roll side to side in relation to the tractor, instead of forward/backward). Set them on the lowest side-to-side adjustment hole, lower the deck, and once you pull the pins it should roll right out the side.

Hope that helps, and I can add pics if you need, just let me know.

CDN2USA

Equipment
BX 22
May 21, 2013
Goochland, VA
Something else worth mentioning...

On your MMM, there are 4 anti-scalping wheels, one on each corner. They are held in place (and adjusted) with pins held by keyrings. If they are set too high, they won't reach the ground and support the weight of the mower when you lower the mower all the way to try to remove it. Remove the keyrings and pull the pins, and you will see that the post the anti-scalping wheels are mounted to will drop down quite a bit, and they also have an adjustment to turn 90 degrees (so they roll side to side in relation to the tractor, instead of forward/backward). Set them on the lowest side-to-side adjustment hole, lower the deck, and once you pull the pins it should roll right out the side.

Hope that helps, and I can add pics if you need, just let me know.
Thanks. I had the wheels turned and up all the way. From others, it seems that my height adjustment needs a closer look.