Mystery to me

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
L185, Frontier GM1060R finish mower, 4ft box blade,middle buster, behlen blade
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
I noticed something which I think might be a cover but not sure. On the left of my L185 is a kinda squareish
cover with a knob in the middle which I thought might be a block off panel for where something should go
on some other models??? I don't know if someone can enlighten me on what it is or is there for I would appreciate it. also there is a metal toggle under the tach partially seen in the photo. Is that factory and what is it for?
I think a dirty bird has been above my tractor!

Here is a picture
20210716_200315.jpg

thanks
Dave

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Can you open the hood and look behind, if it's wires you could trace them. When I first looked at it thought it might be on a rheostat for dash lights.

Reactions: 1 user

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I noticed something which I think might be a cover but not sure. On the left of my L185 is a kinda squareish
cover with a knob in the middle which I thought might be a block off panel for where something should go
on some other models??? I don't know if someone can enlighten me on what it is or is there for I would appreciate it. also there is a metal toggle under the tach partially seen in the photo. Is that factory and what is it for?
I think a dirty bird has been above my tractor!

Here is a picture View attachment 63155

thanks
Dave
I don't know what the switch is for but the tractors fuses are behind that cover. Nice 185!

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
Can you open the hood and look behind, if it's wires you could trace them. When I first looked at it thought it might be on a rheostat for dash lights.
The fuel tank is in front of it but I might be able to see some with a light not sure I'll look

Dave

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
I don't think the toggle is OEM. I think its probably for a set of aftermarket lights. I had 2 l245dt's and both had that fuse cover and no OEM switches, just punch outs like the black plug below the fuse cover.

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
I don't think the toggle is OEM. I think its probably for a set of aftermarket lights. I had 2 l245dt's and both had that fuse cover and no OEM switches, just punch outs like the black plug below the fuse cover.
Thanks for the reply RD

Dave

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are not any toggle switches on the dash of the L185 that I own. But they did provide for some lights at the rear of the tractor and a horn in the wiring harness.

If your steering wheel can be removed easily then removing the dash and cowling is about a 5-10 minute process to see (assuming you have the factory wiring harness with disconnects near the starter.

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
There are not any toggle switches on the dash of the L185 that I own. But they did provide for some lights at the rear of the tractor and a horn in the wiring harness.

If your steering wheel can be removed easily then removing the dash and cowling is about a 5-10 minute process to see (assuming you have the factory wiring harness with disconnects near the starter.
Thanks for the info Russell I appreciate it I'll have to see if I can trace it down and figure it out.

Dave