My little orange buddy

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Thought I would share a few pictures of my orange buddy, B7510 with loader, I just bought a new 66" snow plow to replace my old 60" blade, manual angle, I don't angle it only when there is a little dusting of snow, any more than that and it pushes the tractor side ways, tractor is too light, even with the rear tires loaded and the weight box filled with cement. I live on a hill so the ice chains work excellent, I put 1 chain on the front for steering purposes, that makes a great difference. I put a step on each side under door to make it easier to enter the cab. The cab really makes plowing snow a joy, with a heater your nice and warm and dry and cozy. That's when I'm in my, "happy place". My drive way is about 350 feet long and I plow the old girl next door, she's 87 and her driveway is 125 feet long. I shovel her walk. so I made a holder for the scoop, the white 5 gallon bucket has sand in it for her walkway. Thanks to you all at OTT I put a winch on the snow blower to turn the chute and it works excellent. I just finished put the power to a 2 pole connector behind the cab. Some places my lawn is higher than the driveway and when the snow blows from the north the drift is 3 feet high, so I use the blower there. I put a 2" hitch on the blower in case I needed to haul some wood from the woodshed to the basement. I also made a quick hitch for the loader which makes switching from bucket to snow plow a breeze, again thanks to OTT for the idea and plans. OTT ia an awesome site with lots of friends to help out with ideas and advice.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good kid,, its guys like you that do thing to their orange beast that keeps the rest of us thinking

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great ideas and execution!
Rear blades seem to do a lot better if you are trying to get the snow off to the side.
Part of the problem with the front blade is that the mechanism puts the blade WAY out in front of you! It has a heck of a lever to push the tractor to the side. And, when the blade is on the ground you lose all of the traction on the front end provided by the weight of the FEL package. Plus, when you push, the FEL mount tries to lift up the front wheels.
I like your chute rotator, and the blower hitch!

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Greetings gpreuss, yes, your right about the blade pushing side ways, I have a blade for the rear but I found looking backwards for that length of time plowing snow really really hard on my back, using the snow blower for the few times I do is the same. I wonder if you took the loader arms all off and mounted a front blade with its own hydraulics if that would stop it from pushing the tractor side ways, and use the hydraulics for a front snow blower?