Moving snow...new owner

winkeene

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000
Jan 5, 2014
Keene, Ontario
Brand new to this site, and my new to me b6000.....I have a nice little loader, but am pretty sure a blade on back would be better....Yes?....or no??.....and is it better to get weights for the rims, or have the tires filled....
And where might I go for hard copies of manuals to order....
And lastly...is it normal to have to operate throttle with knee....or am I missing something.....I cannot seem to 'set' the throttle and just work.....Seems a little awkward coming from an old Massey rider....
Anyways, just got this yesterday.....always wanted one of these little tractors....am excited to see what I can all do with it......Any replies are appreciated....

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
Brand new to this site, and my new to me b6000.....I have a nice little loader, but am pretty sure a blade on back would be better....Yes?....or no??.....and is it better to get weights for the rims, or have the tires filled....
And where might I go for hard copies of manuals to order....
And lastly...is it normal to have to operate throttle with knee....or am I missing something.....I cannot seem to 'set' the throttle and just work.....Seems a little awkward coming from an old Massey rider....
Anyways, just got this yesterday.....always wanted one of these little tractors....am excited to see what I can all do with it......Any replies are appreciated....
Let's see some pics of your ride. I use my fel and a ballast box with filled tires and 300lbs in box. As far as a manual I purchsed mine from my friend that works at
http://www.hoober.com/service/chambersburg-service.asp
Ask for John S and tell him Kennedy said to call, He will fix you up.

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
I just got done doing 3 drives and only used my fel and 250 lbs in the box. R4 tires, 4wd and had no issue with the setup. All driveways were cement so no worry about digging into gravel.

BTW I have a b3200 hst 4wd with the la504 fel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not sure about a B6000, but my B7100 has a friction adjustment on the hand throttle linkage.

winkeene

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000
Jan 5, 2014
Keene, Ontario
Thanks for the replies.....I am brand new to forums....still need to find my way around....But, I am I hope a newly commited Kubota dude....I am really still in thegawking stage.....see whats what on it.....It came with a bolt on tiller, which I just took off so I could fit it in my shelter.....that looks fun to put back on...not!....So I have no swing arms on the three point hitch yet....I think those, some wheel weights and a blade of some sort will have me set...Does a b6000 not have an oil filter?.....hydraulic filter?......Can I put rotella 15-40 diesel oil in the crank.....what grade hydraulic oil?..Thanks for the heads up on a manual, and the friction fit on throttle....I will work on that....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome wink,, good lord how about stretching all those questions out over a couple of posts,, your gona give us old guys a heart attack :D:D
First go through the book, it will give you all the info you will ever need on filters location and yes it has all those filters, and don't cheap out on them get good filters, as far as Rotella sure ANY good grade oil designed for diesel will work though I think 15w 40 might be a tad on the heavy side in the cold.
The main thing is to have fun be careful and enjoy your new toy,,errrrr tools and before you know it,, puff works all done

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
if you go to you front right tire, just behind it under the engine is a bolt, should be slightly colored head on it, that is where the drain for oil is, take that bolt out, and there is a screen on it, that is kinda sorta the oil filter, cigar shaped. for the hydraulic fluid, look underneath your tractor directly down under your seat, same thing, another bolt there, with the same type of filter. I believe there are 3 drain holes in the back for the hydraulic fluid. I forget the weight for the crankcase oil but it says 80wt gear oil on my tractor for the hydraulic fluid, although some will tell you not to use that, I just use what it says to use on my machine. Good luck.

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
and as far as weights go, I got some Olympic plates for weightlifting and put those on, depending on where your wheels are set, mine are in as far as they can go, I put a 45lb plate on the inside of the wheel, and a 35lb plate on the outside, fits just perfectly in there, held the weight on the inside on with a couple of pipe clamps, works perfectly, total of 80lbs each side. Backblade works well on the b6000, I have a factor 4way for the front, and a 60" (too big) for the rear, used both last storm, did a majority with the front blade, used the backblade pulling the snow to cleanup the trails (gravel drive)