Mice during storage

rockerin

Equipment
Kubota 2620 HST 2013
Sep 9, 2013
Ontario canada
Hi
Mice building nests in my tractor are not repelled by the "new" safe mothballs sold in Canada and I expect the USA. They actually build their nests on the moth balls. Bounce fabric softness don't work either. They us those for nests in my tractor!
So a mouse trap works that's all I have had success with.
Rockerin

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The pop bottle trap works really good. Skeets posted it in an earlier post. I use the pet friendly ultrasonic mouse repellent. They are a combo night light and emitt a noise that drives the mice away. Dogs aren't bothered by them. Cleaned the critters out of my house and garage. There are a few other suggestions in this post that seem to be good options;)

dtbprc

Equipment
BX2230
Oct 21, 2014
Auburn Township, OH
www.youtube.com
ultrasonic works for my pole bldg. they messed up my snowmobile one year- climbed into exhaust- made nest babies crawled into engine and died. had to take it all apart and clean everything. now I cover air intake and exhaust with foil when anything sits.:eek:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I have great luck with peanut butter supplemented with a little D con. I have a cousin that gets over run with them in the fall. Peanut butter, traps and bait aren't enough. They take it all and by sheer numbers get into his house.:mad:
What brand of ultrasonic mouse repellent do you use/works best?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I got mine from home depot. They have a built in night light. Couldn't find it listed on there website. But they are located in the pest control section with the traps and dcon

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

cwheatsr

Equipment
L3940
Jan 1, 2014
Brookhaven, MS
Try putting a bar of plain green Irish Spring hand soap in the places you want to keep mice out of. Evidently the smell is something they do not like. I read about it some place else and tried it and it seems to work for me. I have put some in all my vehicles, tractors, UTV's, etc. and even put some in the engine compartments, and have had no more problems with mice.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Last edited:

flynavy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100 HST-D w/FEL,654 Whel Hrs w/blade, 2654 Hsqv mowr, 28h Cfstm snowblower&cab
May 1, 2014
Laurel Springs, NJ
I was plagued by them pesky critters then I added ultrasonic repellers.

I placed 5 in my garage, 2 in the shed and 2 in the lean-to and ""VOILA"" gone. That was 2 years ago, haven't seen them since!!!

Now I swear by them. AND I keep two as spares just in case one fails. Believe me "IT'S CHEAP INSURANCE!!!":D

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I had a problem with mice getting into my 5th wheel travel trailer , I found a fool proof way of keeping them out. I bought a double handful of habanero chili peppers diced them put them in water brought them to a boil . I then strained them and put the water in a Hudson sprayer and sprayed the entire undercarriage of my trailer , tires and landing gear and took the pulp and spread it around under the trailer." NO MORE MICE PROBLEM" make sure to wear gloves and eye protection while spraying . That was 5 years ago not one problem since left no smell and didn't seam to bother the barnyard animals .

PS Jalapeño peppers would work as well but I prefer the habanero and the mice don't lol.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Electrocute your rats and mice,, I like it ,, Way back when I started underground they used 600 volt DC trolley on the haulage to haul coal. Guys would hang a piece of wire baited with some lunch meat or something on the trolley wire right over the track,, track was the ground for the system. One night on midnight shift the belt man claimed he got 60 rats, I don't know I didn't count them but there was a pile of the furry critters,,

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I use an old "ball bearing mousetrap".

His name is Scruffy and he likes to sleep on the seat.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I use an old "ball bearing mousetrap".

His name is Scruffy and he likes to sleep on the seat.
Saves on Tender Vitals that way.;)

I am allergic to cats but there are several strays that I have encouraged to hang around by putting some food out for them just to supplement their diet. :D