m7950dt pto problem

massey

Jan 30, 2013
poland,in
my hydraulic pressure is low when pto is engaged but when disengaged pressure is within specs. this problem happened all at once

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
I assume you're having problems with PTO power output? Other hydraulics work fine when the PTO is off but are sluggish with it engaged? It'd be looking at the pressure relief valves in the system. There may be one on the control valve for the PTO that's failed for some reason, opening at too low a pressure. Just an uneducated guess.

Last edited:

massey

Jan 30, 2013
poland,in
my loader hydraulics work fine. I have not tryed the hydraulic remotes yet. I just bought this trator. The first time I used the pto on the feed grinder it engaged and worked fine while grinding then I shut the pto off to disengage the hammer mill on my grinder to just run the mixer and the pto will come on and you can see the shaft slow down. thats when I put the pressure guage on and found the pto hydraulic pressure is only running 110 psi at pto speed when engaged, when pto is disengaged the brake pressure is 230psi

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Sorry, just looked at your machine's parts diagrams and it isn't built like I thought it was. You are talking about your rear PTO shaft hooked mechanically to your grinder right? If you are your PTO is driven off the transmission mechanically, no hydraulics involved. Where are you measuring the pressure at? Pressure that low something is very wrong or you're on the return side of the circuit.

massey

Jan 30, 2013
poland,in
yes i am refering to the rear pto. I am testing hydraulic pressure to the pto clutch as the kubota service manual describes. The pto hydraulic engages and disengages the pto clutch

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Ok I think I'm on the same page now. Looks like pressure to operate the clutch pack is provided by a dedicated low pressure hydraulic pump piggybacked off the main hydraulic pump. Is 230psi the normal pressure specified in the manual?

The parts manual doesn't show any of the internal parts of the valve body so I can't tell if there's a relief valve or not. That's where I'd be looking first but you could have a broken seal in the valve shaft, the clutch pack itself or the plumbing between them. I'd start carefully removing parts from the valve body myself and checking for anything awry. Just be careful, Kubota apparently only sells that valve body as an assembly so if you damage anything in there you've got to replace it all.

massey

Jan 30, 2013
poland,in
If my memory is correct 230psi is correct. There is a relief valve in the control valve. As far as i can tell the same relief valve is for clutch engaged and disengaged