Looking at my first Kubota

pete2614

Mar 14, 2012
Duluth, MN
I've been reading over the posts here for about a month. I decided to go to the local Kubota dealership and price out a BX2360 with a front mounted snowblower and all the subframe and hardware, front end loader, and a block heater. The guy was very nice and answered all of my questions, and said they would deliver the tractor to my house. I then called up my hometown dealership (about 150 miles away, but I go back home about once a month). They quoted me a price that was $300 less, but said I would need to pick it up at the dealership.
Well, I told my dad that I was looking at getting one of these tractors and he went to the hometown dealership to check them out for himself. He talked to the sales guy and was able to get the front grill guard thrown in, and the price reduced another $200.

My question is, how much servicing do these tractors require from the dealership? If my local dealer says they can only match the price and not beat it. Should I go with them in case I need it serviced and that way there is no bad blood? Or should I go with the hometown dealer since they went so low the first time?

Thanks!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I will pay a few extra bucks to buy locally, but it has paid off in many ways like dropping parts/supplies off at my house if someone is in the area and even a couple of free service calls.

We do all of our own service on the BX, Grand L and M8540, so getting it serviced is not a consideration except for the 800 hour valve adjustment. My son came up yesterday and did the full 400 hour yesterday and it took about four hours, but we changed MMM blades and put Bro Tek plates on.

http://www.messicks.com/Articles/KubotaBX-Service.aspx

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
When I bought mine a few years ago I talked to both the dealers in my area about just this subject. The closes on had issues with working with me, the one 125 mi. away didn't. He got my business and has been great.
Talk to the owner of the dealerships and go from there.

E/S

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...If my local dealer ...
I would like to give you another point to think about. If you do not support your local dealer and maybe some others also just go for cheapest price, you will not have a service guy next door anymore. Do you really want to travel 150mi one way, if the tractor need a service that only a service point can manage?

I like the idea of supporting the locals. As long he is OK and does not play games or is an idiot, I like to give an extra dollar for the case I need him the most.

My next service point is 1 hour drive away, but I have a local guy who can fix nearly most things only 5 Minutes away. He did my extra hydraulic. :rolleyes:

der carl

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK Pete,, flip a coin and buy from the guy you like best,, with that being said,, There is not much of anything you need the dealer to do, as far as service, and dont let them tell you you will void your warrenty if you service it your self, that is FEDERAL LAW that says they cannot void it for you doing the work,, just save all and any recipts for what you do,,,
The first 50 hours take it kinda easy, high low rpms,use it but dont get nutz,, then CHANGE all the filters and fluids your manual will show you what you need and if you need more info these guys are the ones to ask,,
it aint rocket sicence,,
I have a BX 2360 and that little bad girl will do anything you ask of it ,with in reason. The service is nothing more than you do with your car/truck/motorcycle.
Have fun and be safe

pete2614

Mar 14, 2012
Duluth, MN
Ok, I have an update. I went back to the local dealership and asked if they could match it. He said he couldn't but he could go down to only being $100 more. I decided to go with him because I'll probably need to go to them for items for my tractor in the future, and hopefully they will remember me. Thanks to everyone who replied!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor.