Looking at a B9200

Joe_C

Jul 3, 2010
northeastern Pa.
Hi

I was going to take a look at a B9200, wondering if anyone has any knowledge/comments about this tractor?
It is a hydro with a loader , supposedly has about 600 hrs on it.

They are asking about $6,200 for it .

I looked on tractordata for some info , the only thing that stood out was the notice at the top of the page about Kubota haveing some problems with the timing chain on these models,(has a 4 cyl engine?) and actually taking care of them for a period of 10 yrs.........( long past that)

I was also curious of any data on the loader on this tractor , a BF350.
I couldn't find any info on it .

thanks

Joe

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I have a B8200 which is just a little smaller. Not sure about the timing chain issue but my 3 cylinder has been pretty well problem free so far. The engine hours are hard to read because if it's like mine it will just roll over after 999 hours. The BF350 should lift slightly more the mine BF300 which lifts about 700lbs. It's a quick detach and has a 50" bucket. The B9200 is a nice heavy compact and for the price seems reasonable depending on the condition.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Hi

I was going to take a look at a B9200, wondering if anyone has any knowledge/comments about this tractor?
It is a hydro with a loader , supposedly has about 600 hrs on it.

They are asking about $6,200 for it .

I looked on tractordata for some info , the only thing that stood out was the notice at the top of the page about Kubota haveing some problems with the timing chain on these models,(has a 4 cyl engine?) and actually taking care of them for a period of 10 yrs.........( long past that)

I was also curious of any data on the loader on this tractor , a BF350.
I couldn't find any info on it .

thanks

Joe
I have a B9200, and can honestly say I'm happy with it.

Did you buy that B9200?

Joe_C

Jul 3, 2010
northeastern Pa.
Randyj
Never got a chance to go look at it , it is about 3 hrs away from me.

Also found that it doesn't have power steering , and i mostly want it for loader use, so i'm not to sure about a loader without power steering.
It also has turf tires ,and i would much rather have one with ag tires.

I think my biggest concern , though , is the timing chain issue , i haven't found out much about that yet.

Joe.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I don't know of any Kubots diesel engines with a timing chain and for sure, the B9200 doesn't have one! those 4 cylinder engines are bulletproof.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have to agree with eserv, these bota engines are just about indestructable.

As for the manual steering, I currently have manual steering, and when doing loader work, I try to be moving when turning the steering wheel. I bought a heavy duty steel knob with internal bearings, and it helps tremendously. Recently, I was fortunate enough to find a complete NOS Kubota power steering unit, and will be installing that soon.

I see there is currently a couple B9200 Kubota's on ebay.