Lifting cap

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I have been kicking around building a lifting boom using the quick hitch for the front attachments, blade and stuff. And I am wondering if anybody has an idea what the lifting cap on the cylinder on the quick hitch.I under stand the farther out you go, away from the lifting force the less cap it has. so Im thinking of keeping things close to the front of the tractor no more than say 3 feet. This is because I think I can do it easyer then building a boom for the 3 point

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Something you might consider. Turn up a 3-point (normal rear mount) boom pole and weld it to a quick-tach adapter plate. Easy on- and off and plenty of strength. Saves a lot of time fabricating from scratch and buying expensive steel.

We use ours all the time to make picks up and over obstructions.

Capacity? At full extension horizontally maybe 12-15-ft from tractor loader, we can lift 350-400-lbs with rear counterbalance weight, but that's the maximum. Weight capacity increases to loader maximum as the boom pole rotates toward vertical back toward tractor.

BE CAREFUL. You pull a bind on something and the chain or sling gives you're liable to get hurt fast.