led aux lights for my b2620

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
I am new to this forum and have owned a bx2200 that had a fel and a bt601 back hoe I added I had it for 4 years and early spring this year I sold it and upgraded to a b2620. I have been on another forum for a while and see this one and figured I would join this one. I have made a few mods and figured I would share some of them. I have also added a tow hook to the ft. and made a three pt. hitch that use's a reese hitch.

Just after buying my b tractor I wanted to add some lights but did not want to tax the charging system on the tractor or upgrade to the bigger alt. so I decided to go with Grote led lights and made mounts that used the exsting welded on nuts that was on the rops. I ended up welding a stud on the back side to keep the brackets from moving and then held them in place with bolts that screwed into the exsting welded on nuts already on the rops brackets.

I then made metal pipeing to run the wires thru and brazed the clamps on the metal tubing and on the lower end of the clamps I had to drill and tap for small bolts to hold them into place.

I wanted to make the lights where I could turn them any way so I drilled the 1/2" bolts thru the center and ran the wires thru the holes. And then I had to cut some of the bolt head off and grind a small amount off of the bottom of the lights so I would not pinch the wires. The bolts are attached to the brackets by an all metal locking nut welded onto the brackets so I could adjust the tension on the bolts/light to kepp them from moving and still be able to adjust without much trouble.

I like these lights and yes they are expensive but being a new tractor and hopefully a one time purchase I hope it will turn out to be a good buy in the long run.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
They are Grote lights. Here is a link to Grote's web page on them. They are the 63981-5 - TractorPlus I ended up spending 108.00 each, the price is steep but after you factor in not having to upgrade the charging system for 192.00 and I only added 1.3 amp draw per light it seamed like the right choice for me.

http://www.grote.com/TrilliantCube/

bbbobbb

Sep 7, 2011
Bucks County PA
I too put lights on the ouside of my ROP's and like everyone told me I'll rip them off. Thinking I'll just be real careful. One got smashed then next day the other one got wasted. Everyone, MOUNT LIGHTS TO THE INSIDE OF THE ROP'S. You will brake them. Looks good thou.

wholeshoe

Dec 7, 2015
US
Can anyone post a pic of where the aux connectors are on a 2620 by the right fender? I cannot find them short of ripping the wiring harness apart.

Wholeshoe

Sent from my KFSAWI using Tapatalk