LandPride mowers not what they used to be.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
First, I've always been a huge fan of LandPride implements. Got a new LandPride RCF 2072 rotary cutter back in August. The decals started coming off within weeks of using it. Partly from brush rubbing up against it, partly from rinsing it off with a water hose....not high pressure! The paint is already coming off on the sides. I do mostly pasture mowing, but sometimes cut saplings up to 2", but not often. I got the chains installed on the back as well as front. The band that holds the rear chains is bent on the ends because they're not secured to the deck. After mowing this afternoon the side of the deck had a bend in it from going backwards over the saplings I'd just cut.

Not sure what my options are at this point......have some structural steel welded to the sides or see what I can get the dealer to do in upgrading to a heavier mower.

I've got a Landpride 5' light duty mower (behind a L3010) doing the same tasks that's 13 yrs old and has only minor bends in the deck. I assumed my new mower would at least equal the old one as far as toughness, but I was wrong.

Anyone out there have the LandPride RCF 2072 and could give me your thoughts and experiences?

Many thanks!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have a Land Pride RCR1860 that is less than a year old and is exactly the same way. In fact, I had to tighten all 4 bolts holding the gearbox onto the deck within a couple of months.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have had good luck with Hardee or maybe EVH manufacturing today have 2 tiger cubs L160 one 1995 one 2001 both light duty mower with 40hp gear boxes and they were behind 8n Fords now behind one L3700 and one L3800. Never had a Landpride have had Long and Bushhog brand my opinion the Hardee mows the best. These are made in Red Bluff just outside Loris SC.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
The dealer straightened out the bend on the side of the deck and attached bolts and spacers at the end of the band that holds the chains on the rear of the deck. Why LP didn't do this is beyond me. With no support on the ends it's easy to grab something and bend them backwards. If you're doing nothing but mowing grass ok, otherwise don't get the rear chains on this mower.
Photos: http://www.landpride.com/products/151/rcf2060-rcf2072-series-rotary-cutters