L4701 vs MX5400

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100, Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Not to bring up this old post. op here.
But I finally pulled the trigger and bought another Kubota. It will be delivered next week.
But .. its Not the MX5400, but an LX2610 Cab.

The reasons are:
1) Wife wanted a CAB And an MX with CAB would have been 20K more.
2) I'm retiring soon and initial cost WAS definitely a consideration.
3) Our new LX2610 will take much longer to do what an MX will do. But I'm retiring... I'll have more time than money.
4) I really wanted a Mid PTO because we'll eventually get a snow blower. And having one out front is a dream, as opposed to one on the rear.

Overall, I'm happy to be getting a new Cab - Kubota without the extra emissions on over-27HP machines. I know that I WILL miss the horse power and weight / capability of an MX on occasion.

Truth is... Both the wife and I LOVED the BX23S TLB's that they had in stock. Man, for 20 grand, I'd almost never have to use a hand shovel again...

Be Safe.

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC, MX6000HST (sold), BX25TLB (sold), GL7000
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not to bring up this old post. op here.
But I finally pulled the trigger and bought another Kubota. It will be delivered next week.
But .. its Not the MX5400, but an LX2610 Cab.

The reasons are:
1) Wife wanted a CAB And an MX with CAB would have been 20K more.
2) I'm retiring soon and initial cost WAS definitely a consideration.
3) Our new LX2610 will take much longer to do what an MX will do. But I'm retiring... I'll have more time than money.
4) I really wanted a Mid PTO because we'll eventually get a snow blower. And having one out front is a dream, as opposed to one on the rear.

Overall, I'm happy to be getting a new Cab - Kubota without the extra emissions on over-27HP machines. I know that I WILL miss the horse power and weight / capability of an MX on occasion.

Truth is... Both the wife and I LOVED the BX23S TLB's that they had in stock. Man, for 20 grand, I'd almost never have to use a hand shovel again...

Be Safe.
Congratulations! You've made the best decision for you and your wife and I wish you many more happy and productive years ahead. Tractors are therapy and I have no doubt that a study would show that tractor owners live longer and happier lives. :LOL:

Reactions: 1 users