L3800 with forks lifting capacity?

zippyslug31

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, 72" BB, old Ford 22-63 PHD
Jun 27, 2015
Crooked River Ranch, Oregon
^^^ I lift and move some pretty big rocks with just my hoe/thumb... it always amazes me how it does what it does. Not sure if they are 500lbs, but at least a few hundred I bet.

zippyslug31

Equipment
Jun 27, 2015
Its great when things like this go without incident. All the anxiety and whatever scenario playing through your mind, can make a person a little stressed out.
Tell me about it. I'm a professional worrier by trade (it doesn't pay well, BTW).
I always over-analyze simple things, usually for no reason.

Now, for me, it's the things that I never consider that always get me. Typically I end up on my back with the tractor laying on top of me when I stop and think "huh, now I didn't see that coming...". :rolleyes:

duke52

Equipment
L3800 hydro, FEL, 72" Rear blade, Quick attach forks, and a 4' grapple.
Jan 18, 2013
Ishpeming,Michigan
Tell me about it. I'm a professional worrier by trade (it doesn't pay well, BTW).
I always over-analyze simple things, usually for no reason.

Now, for me, it's the things that I never consider that always get me. Typically I end up on my back with the tractor laying on top of me when I stop and think "huh, now I didn't see that coming...". :rolleyes:
I was born a "Worry Wart" and now at 70+ years of age it does seem to be getting worse. I do remember years ago during my high school and college days while employed as a body man in my father's shop, he would tell me quite often, especially after I messed up, don't just jump blindly into a project without giving it a little thought. He was correct, a little thought does go along way.

zippyslug31

Equipment
Jun 27, 2015
at 70+ years of age it does seem to be getting worse
Oh jeez, don't tell me that. I'm only 47 now, going on about 87.
Always been too "curmudgeny" for my own good. There's a joke in my family that when i was in my early 20's my sister used to refer to me as "the mean old man in the yellow house" since I used to yell at the neighbor kids... some of which probably were my age at that time. lol