L3800 seat suspension

ghunger

Equipment
Kubota L3800
Dec 2, 2023
Almont, MI
I may be interested in this, but am wondering why you don't use it on your tractor? I bought my L3800 with over 900 hrs on it last year & the seat suspension was already ceased, so I'm not sure how much it would improve the ride. Was it noticeable?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
....the seat suspension was already ceased, so I'm not sure how much it would improve the ride. Was it noticeable?
I had mine pretty much locked down from the start. If you want to try and get the suspension back, I can try and walk you through it....

Sorry,, don't know how to change the settings... and it's an old account, click on "Watch on youtube" When I first started, it was lock down in the lowest position... it's night and day different.

You DON NOT HAVE TO remove it from the tractor.... you can work it free on the tractor. My tractor is usually 3 hours away, I removed the suspention seat part to work on it at home.

Wow, 14 years ago... I'll assume it's stuck in the down position. Lots of spray lube / penetrating oil... and a crowbar to lift up on it. Over the years, I did have a few of the pivot bars break. I just replaced them with bolts...

Last edited:

Jack Jahoda

Equipment
L3800 tractor, u25 mini excavator
Aug 26, 2022
Clymer, Pa
Mine was frozen also and it was haying season and I didn’t have time to repair it. So I bought a new support. I was tired of bottoming out eac time I hit a bump.

later I refurbished the old one that is For sale. If you attempt a repair it will take about 4 hours. Torn mine down completely, removed welds and sanded all moving parts. Soaked and cleaned all rust. Put wheel bearing grease on all moving parts, welded pins back in place.

Reactions: 1 user