l355ss 3-pt lift not working

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Hi, N. Idaho Wolfman has been helping me on my search for manuals, thank you. I cleaned the filter, drawing out 1 and 1/2 gallons and got the side glass down below low level. The fluid that drained from the filter was grossly contaminated with metal shavings and pieces of rubber or some sort of gasket material. I do not think the pump is inoperative because the shuttle works good. I would suppose that the lift and shuttle shift work from the same pressure supply. I am beginning to wonder about trash in a valve from the lift? The pump is very expensive from the dealer so am looking to avoid the purchase of that. I am going to drain the hydraulic oil and replace with new, has anyone flushed the hydraulic system before replacing the oil. If so, what would be a safe fluid to use for a flush? The more I search for parts and do research on this machine, the more I think I have bought the top of the line challenge. The tractor performs well; but given the difficulty of parts it, must not be very common. I asked the dealer if he could help with production dates and numbers by the serial number; but he said that was not available to him. If anyone has a like tractor with similar problems please post. Thank you, cabhopkubota