L35 Backhoe ????????

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
but how do you know buying from a person is any better ? Look at all the floods , someone could clean up a new tractor , drain fluids , and selll ya a " DEAL" and its a flooded out tractor . I have a Ford 3000 and I abuse it :eek:, if I need a bulldozer , I have it :eek:. I have broken the down control arms on the 3 point hitch before . Using it to push stuff backwards . I hate buying ANYTHING used :(

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
THANKS !

Plow site will not let me see ad :(

But asking $14,000 and getting to rent it for 8hrs , is alot better than $17 and up . I am pushing my buget at $14,000 :(

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
THANKS , but I have looked at all of those many times . The 1999 for $14,500 looks good , but shipping will kill me . I also will not beable to try it before I buy . I have 2 friends that do tractor/farm auctions for a living , so they are looking for a L35 or L48 , etc . I see tons of B21s but it just to small .

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
No problem! try craigslook.com or craigslist.com as well!

Dad missed out on a L35 with 300 hours on it that was in perfect shape other than a broken taillight for 15K in the local swap paper. We were a hour late to buy it :mad: I traced it down and even two years later the old lady that bought it (with the help of her son) she wont sell :mad::mad:

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
:(:( NO 3 pt hitch :mad::mad: He said he has no idea where it went . So now that effects the price I am willing to pay . It was loose around the bucket area , not real bad ( his newer model felt almost the same ) . Oil was full but BLACK :confused2:. Backhoe felt ok sitting still , still have not started it yet

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
If you do rent it then it might be a good idea to have a few knowledgeable friends to go over it with you or hire a professional to look at it with you. I think oil being black on a diesel is pretty normal.

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
If you do rent it then it might be a good idea to have a few knowledgeable friends to go over it with you or hire a professional to look at it with you. I think oil being black on a diesel is pretty normal.
Thanks I am going to hire my buddy to come over ( buy him lunch :rolleyes:) to look at it !!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you do rent it then it might be a good idea to have a few knowledgeable friends to go over it with you or hire a professional to look at it with you.

I would say this would be a very good idea. Might even consider taking it to a Kubota dealer and let them look it over if you have one you can trust.

I think oil being black on a diesel is pretty normal.
I change my oil one time a year and it's no where near being black. Dark brown is pushing it. It's not much darker than honey even after running it all year long. Black oil could be just the type of oil they are using but I bet it still hasn't been serviced like a normal loved Kubota should be. You no the rental place didn't show it any love and the people who rented it for sure didn't love it. Loved to abuse it maybe.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't have any idea of the situation in Canada but I order direct from Amsoil. Is it different for you? I just always assumed it would be the same and you guys could order it straight from them as well. It's hard to find it in any store or even to get a store to stock it. Everybody just looks at the price and never want to hear what it does for you down the road. If the up front price is all you look at then nobody would buy Amsoil.

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
I found a ONE owner L35 with 1800 hrs , I offered $14,000 he said he would take it , going to look at it Sat . Now I have 2 different L35s for $14,000 to compare to each other . He is sending me pics , he said it was tight and clean . He said it had some blowby , but not bad, NO smoke running . New ft tires , 40% on rear . Wish me luck !!!

Goochy

Jan 13, 2011
Ms
Day wasted :mad: L35 was tight :thumbsup:, ran perfect , but had horrible blow by with OIL dripping out of tube :mad:. 6 hr dr for nothing . Not buying rental , or this L35 . so nothing for me ..... still looking !!