L2900 Hyd. Connection

1Dragon

Equipment
L2900
Nov 25, 2009
Sunny Central CA.
Great forum guys!
I could sure use some help identifying the power beyond line on my L2900. The dealer wants to gouge me for $500 just to hook up two lines for my 3point backhoe. You would think this is brain surgery. But with no markings on anything I would like to avoid a mistake.
Any help would be great

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi
The power beyond line is "b" . The oil goes to your loader valve on "a" returns to the circuit on "b" and "c" is the tank or drain line.
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
If your BH valve is labeled correctly oil should go from the hose labeled "b" to the "p" port on BH valve, Return from the "pb" port on the BH valve to the port that line "b" is now attached to. The "t" or Drain port on the BH valve should be tee'ed into the "c" line or into any port on the tractor which is free flowing into the transmission case.
Ed

1Dragon

Equipment
L2900
Nov 25, 2009
Sunny Central CA.
Thanks Ed
I guess I should have mentioned that the picture is of the FEL valve connection lines that are down below the trans.
I have been told to do it two different ways. This Liberties backhoe only has two lines unlike all Kubota stuff.

1. put the backhoe connections in the power beyond as a loop and when the backhoe is removed just jumper the two ends.

2. the original backhoe owner tee'd off of the FEL valve up top on the power beyond with one line. The other backhoe return line was tee'd into a return line on the tractor

Two kind of different ways of doing it.

It would be real great if the 3point and the loader were all usable while the backhoe was in use.

Just when I thought I had it straight.
Ken

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
# 1 is the correct way, then all of your attachments are functional with the BH on. When you remove the backhoe be sure to couple up the two hoses ( in the power beyond loop) so the oil flows from the loader valve through the hoses and back into the left-most fitting in the picture you posted. the drain line ( if your BH uses one) can be simply disconnected if it is a coupler or plugged if it's just a hose fitting.
Ed

1Dragon

Equipment
L2900
Nov 25, 2009
Sunny Central CA.
I'm so glad I joined this forum and you have been a great help. I do think if Kubota would have had some markings on these connections there would be so much less confusion. Every model uses different style valves and transmission connection locations.
Thanks agin for your assistance....