L2850 Battery replacement

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
Jake - - I happen to know @Fordtech86 doesn't have an L2850. He was just speaking from his own experience with batteries/ID/Group #'s, etc.

He's helped us out with a vehicle problem - - that one was a Nissan Rogue.

I did a quick Google Search, and this showed up about Group 30H dimensions:

Group 30H Battery Replacements

It depends on whether it is a thick plate deep cycle or thin plate stop/start battery or a dual purpose combination. The dimensions should be roughly 13.00 x 6.75 x 9.5 to 11.9 inches tall.
Opps I meant to respond to the op with the L2850, I edited the post and switched the name. I think the battery may end up too tall.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Opps I meant to respond to the op with the L2850, I edited the post and switched the name. I think the battery may end up too tall.
I think you need to take some real measurements and see what Group 30H possibilities are.

While not same tractor, I got my last one from NAPA. Not cheapest, but have had good luck with NAPA batteries for many decades.

NAPA does not make their batteries- someone will point that out. I’ve just had great luck using them.

Go to a NAPA store and measure one they have in stock. Doesn’t cost anything to look and measure….

Reactions: 1 user

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
I think you need to take some real measurements and see what Group 30H possibilities are.

While not same tractor, I got my last one from NAPA. Not cheapest, but have had good luck with NAPA batteries for many decades.

NAPA does not make their batteries- someone will point that out. I’ve just had great luck using them.

Go to a NAPA store and measure one they have in stock. Doesn’t cost anything to look and measure….
I definitely need to take some measurements, my L2850 is at my property so I’ll have to head out there and measure as soon as I get a chance. Can’t believe I didn’t think to measure when I went out to pull the battery. Actually I did think of it but didn’t have my tape measure with me. If this fits the ops tractor I’ll probably just order it.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
be sure to toss SECOND tape measure in your ride !!!!
the one you clipped onto your belt will fall off AS you're getting in and you won't hear it as someone is yelling at you to get milk( or eggs or 'fill-in-the-blank' )....:(

Reactions: 1 user

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
be sure to toss SECOND tape measure in your ride !!!!
the one you clipped onto your belt will fall off AS you're getting in and you won't hear it as someone is yelling at you to get milk( or eggs or 'fill-in-the-blank' )....:(
Gotta hate when that happens. lol yea I have to get a whole tool set to keep at the property. Everytime I go there I need something I don’t have.

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
Hey thanks for the link, I ordered the battery from Napa for a $155 and saved $36 using their Fall promo code and joining their rewards program.
Can you please let me know if this fit in your L2850?? I’m concerned about it being to tall and is the tray wide enough so definitely interested in seeing if this battery will work for my L2850.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Can you please let me know if this fit in your L2850?? I’m concerned about it being to tall and is the tray wide enough so definitely interested in seeing if this battery will work for my L2850.
This seems so simple!
Why not just measure the battery tray, estimate max height, and take those measurements to any local battery seller.

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
This seems so simple!
Why not just measure the battery tray, estimate max height, and take those measurements to any local battery seller.
That’s what I’ll be doing the next time I’m able to get to my tractor, in the meantime I figure I’d ask the op since we have the exact same tractor dealing with the exact same thing at the same time. Since you seem to need to know the why not. Why not just post when it’s something that actually contributes to the thread? Even if it does fit I’ll still may try to find the absolute largest lengthwise I can find being I have a very large area to deal with lengthwise. If my tractor was here at home I wouldn’t bother asking the op if it fits. To be honest I don’t need anyones help, I just like to participate with other kubota owners to see if better options are found.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That’s what I’ll be doing the next time I’m able to get to my tractor, in the meantime I figure I’d ask the op since we have the exact same tractor dealing with the exact same thing at the same time. Since you seem to need to know the why not. Why not just post when it’s something that actually contributes to the thread? Even if it does fit I’ll still may try to find the absolute largest lengthwise I can find being I have a very large area to deal with lengthwise. If my tractor was here at home I wouldn’t bother asking the op if it fits. To be honest I don’t need anyones help, I just like to participate with other kubota owners to see if better options are found.
You are new here.
OTT is a wonderfully friendly group!
We do not put others down.
You should try to follow that philosophy.

Last edited:

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
You are new here.
OTT is a wonderfully friendly group!
We do not put others down.
You should try to follow that philosophy.
I didn’t put you down in any way, I prefer to be friendly myself and was just replying to your statement questioning why I would ask about something so simple. What does being new have anything to do with it? I came here to be associate with other kubota tractor owners. Definitely not here to put anyone down. You should try not being such a ball buster.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I didn’t put you down in any way, I prefer to be friendly myself and was just replying to your statement questioning me asking about something so simple. What does being new have anything to do with it? I came here to be associate with other kubota tractor owners. Definitely not here to put anyone down. You should try not being such a ball buster.
Just more of the same nasty/angry attitude......calling.... "ball buster".
The world will be a better place if we can just learn to treat others with dignity and respect.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Sounds like a case of a few deep breaths. Things in writing sometimes have different tone that what it sounded like in someone's head. I'm sure nobody means any ill will.

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
Just more of the same nasty/angry attitude......calling.... "ball buster".
The world will be a better place if we can just learn to treat others with dignity and respect.
I’ll admit that time i did add the ball buster in their but it’s more of a playing around gesture. I’m not trying to be nasty, perhaps I read your comment as nasty where you said, it seems so simple as if your annoyed I’d ask such a simple thing. Either way I’ve not tried to be nasty, just being a ball buster myself I suppose. I really prefer to get along. If you read all of my other comments you will see that.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’ll admit that time i did add the ball buster in their but it’s more of a playing around gesture. I’m not trying to be nasty, perhaps I read your comment as nasty where you said, it seems so simple as if your annoyed I’d ask such a simple thing. Either way I’ve not tried to be nasty, just being a ball buster myself I suppose. I really prefer to get along. If you read all of my other comments you will see that.
ALL is OK !!!

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
I like to search threads for answers on things I’m dealing with currently rather it be my tractor, motorcycles, cars, or trucks and have always noticed the people that come for answers never return to follow up. Even in threads where someone is chasing a problem where people have went out of there way to assist then the thread ends without answers??? I don’t get why people asking for help do this?? but it never fails.I make it a point to always give my solution in any thread I start. When I get around to getting my battery I’ll add to this thread what works best for the L2850. I’ll be going for the largest battery I can get in there. Possibly even 2 in parallel being the tray is pretty long but not very wide. I won’t be using the tractor during winter so it will be a bit before I get around to it.

Last edited:

Jaketheone46

Equipment
Kubota L2850
Aug 28, 2023
KY
I like to search threads for answers on things I’m dealing with currently rather it be my tractor, motorcycles, cars, or trucks and have always noticed the people that come for answers never return to follow up. Even in threads where someone is chasing a problem where people have went out of there way to assist then the thread ends without answers??? I don’t get why people asking for help do this?? but it never fails.I make it a point to always give my solution in any thread I start. When I get around to getting my battery I’ll add to this thread what works best for the L2850. I’ll be going for the largest battery I can get in there. Possibly even 2 in parallel being the tray is pretty long but not very wide. I won’t be using the tractor during winter so it will be a bit before I get around to it.
The closest I was able to find was a group 27 from Walmart, very very close in measurements to the group 30 that was linked at the beginning of the thread from Napa for 170 bucks. It was only 650cca while the group 27 is 810 cca, plus it’s less money at 149 bucks. It has a 3 year warranty while the Napa is 18 months which is exactly half of the warranty. The Dimensions of both batteries are the same except the group 30 is 13” wide while the group 27 is is listed at 12.65. I’d almost bet both are the same length. The group 27 was the largest battery I found at Walmart that would fit so I chose to go with it.
so a great replacement battery for the Kubota l2850 is a group 27. If anyone ever finds something better please let us know here please.
Id actually prefer to find a battery that is 16” wide like the original.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users