L2800 R4 Rims and Tires fit L3010??

Pquackenbush86

Equipment
L3010, 5 Ft. Bush Hog, 6 Ft. Finish Mower
Jan 19, 2011
Mooresville, NC
Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me out. I have a 2002 L3010 GST 4x4 with Ag tires and wheels on it and am wanting to make the switch to R4s. The standard size rec. for my tractor is 420/70-24 for the rear and 10-16.5 for the front. I have looked everywhere and short of spending 2300 at my local dealer I have not been able to find any. I found a posting on craigslist for a take off set of R4's off of a 2009 L2800 for $700.00 only problem is they
are slightly smaller, about 6 inches smaller in the rear and 3 inches smaller
in the front. They are 27x8.5x15 in the front, and the rear is 15x19.5. I went on Titans website and compared the sizes and it appears that they are almost the exact same ratio front to rear just a little smaller which in my case would be good because I have to let the air out of the ags to get it into my garage LOL not funn... Does anyone know if they would work? Bolt pattern, size, fit, etc... I do not use a mid mount mower so I dont think that would be a problem... Let me know, Thank you...

Paul

KennyV

Equipment
L4200GST (cab)
... I went on Titans website and compared the sizes and it appears that they are almost the exact same ratio front to rear just a little smaller which in my case would be good ...
Paul
Paul if the front rear rolling ratio is close to the same as your current set, they will work perfectly ...
It makes no difference if you go a lot larger or a lot smaller... IF the front rear ratio is kept it will work fine.
I went with oversized turfs on my L4200... Had to replace all four wheels... Big difference in tire height and width, BUT the ratio I kept the same... it is simple math...
If you are off any it is best if your front leads the rear by 5%... :)KennyV

Pquackenbush86

Equipment
Jan 19, 2011
Mooresville, NC
Thanks Kenny thats what I thought....it is almost identical... it was within a few thousanths so thats pretty close lol

Pquackenbush86

Equipment
Jan 19, 2011
Mooresville, NC
I think I did the math wrong though... I wasn't sure what the front to rear ratio was so I used 1.4 but the more i research I think its 1.6 and that would mean with factory set up I have 5 % lead to the front... With the 2800 tires I would have 10% lead to the front and I think thats too much...

Pquackenbush86

Equipment
Jan 19, 2011
Mooresville, NC
The 3010 is 137 inches in the rear and 90 inches in the front. The 2800 is
117 in the rear and 81 in the front. If you use 1.6 for the front to rear ratio it comes out to like 5% percent lead to the front with the rec tires and like 10% with the 2800 set... So I suppose thats toooooo much :) Have to keep looking, No need for premature failure .. lol

Pquackenbush86

Equipment
Jan 19, 2011
Mooresville, NC
Thanks for keeping an eye out... I really want R4's but who knows maybe turf would be better for me... I have about 8 acres, I mow about 4 of it with a Rear Finish Mower and the rest of the time its used for keeping the rest bush hogged and grading the driveway and stuff like that... I used a TC30 before I got the Kubota and it had R4's and I really liked them... Just soooo expensive...