L2650 Neutral Safety Switch Issue

DThack6

May 3, 2015
Illinois
Hello everyone. I'm new the whole forum world. I'm doing my best but I apologize in advance if I do anything wrong. Ok so, we have a 1993 L2650 with the mechanical shuttle transmission. This issue has been going on for some time and has slowly gotten worse, but now it's to the point that it needs to be addressed. When going to start the tractor, the reverser lever has to be in the neutral position. It's been worn to the point where it has a little to a fair amount of play (maybe it had a little off the lot new?) but we had to put a little upward pressure and wiggle it in the neutral position with the key turned until it cranked over. However, that area that we had left is now gone, and that strategy no longer works. We got tired of messing with it so we resorted to jumping it at the starter with a wire. All the lights come on the dash, everything else works fine. Oh and it has less than 1000 hours, ~950 or so. I was just curious if anyone has had this problem and/or heard of it. Is there some relay we can check? Or some switch that's gone bad? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
So what happened when you lubricated and centered the lever and replaced the Neutral Safety Switch?

Last edited: