L245DT tach not working

weathergeek27

Equipment
B6100, L245, K-348-7 mower deck
Apr 13, 2016
US
I hope I am not rehashing a previous thread. My tachometer on my Kubota L245DT doesn't work. I disconnected the tach cable from the controller on the engine. Used a drill to verify that the cable and actual tachometer works. Don't know about the hour meter. Started the engine and the controller doesn't move. I take this to mean I have issues with the controller. I believe my next step is to remove the controller. Doesn't look too bad (famous last words). Not sure if oil will seep out when I remove the controller. So, are these controllers serviceable or am I looking for a new or used part? Anyone have a part number?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See this thread for a similar problem so you can see the part.

Look at Kubota USA illustrated parts list and search for your model number and then probably look at the engine section but you may have to poke around to find it.
Write the part number down (gasket also?) and the search Messick’s for that part to see if it is readily available. Your dealer may be able to get it cheaper without shipping charges if you’re willing to wait a week or so.