L245DT motor rebuilt help

Luckystars

Member

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
98
2
8
Webster FL USA
Those cylinders look like new, almost. Clean them up and hone to deglaze them, then measure them. I think standard pistons could work.
I can't see where it has any broken rings or scored cylinder walls.
Mine was waaaay worse. My compression was so bad it started on one cylinder with either only and picked up a second cylinder above 1500 rpms. FYI I didn't either it, I bought from "either man"
Pretty sure it'll run like new when your done.
Only way to add power beyond original factory rating would be add fuel and timing adjustments. I doubt anyone around here would recommend doing that though. I'd leave it stock.
Good luck.
 

ranger danger

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
310
298
63
East of Placerville Ca
I had to split the front of the tractor to get the oil pan off. After sliding back the shaft cover, I found the drive shaft covered in brown oily greasy gunk. I'll get it cleaned up and replace the seals when I reassemble.


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk