L245DT hydraulic issue

DooRules

Equipment
L245DT, KH161-3, M9850DT, L3800DT
Hey guys.

Last summer I replaced the hyd. pump on my 245 and all was good till last week.

I was mowing a sod field and when I finished I lifted up the mower, and this really hard surge and shaking was coming from the hydraulics. At any throttle position other than idle it is undriveable.

To get around this for about a week if I needed to use the tractor I would put the implement on the rear, lift it up, turn off the valve adjustment under the seat, and away we go. But then the hyd. just gave out all together, no lift.

No obstruction in either hyd. line, new pump (one year old ) new oil, hyd. filter cleaned, was still clean from last summer though. This was the extent to which I am qualified to deal with this problem.

Just had the tractor into my Kubota dealer. They verified pump is fine and no obstructions. they had the cover off under the seat, replace all o-rings in valve block and lift cylinder. When I picked her up yesterday the hyd was working at the shop again.

Get home and head straight for my mower. Tractor will lift mower again but the violent surge is exactly the same as it was before. You don't have to engage mower at all, just lift it up and apply throttle for surge to kick in.

Kubota tech thought that the lifting cylinder and ram were in good enough shape to not need to be replaced, and from what I know if there was a problem with either I would have no lift because it would just bypass the oil.

Really at a loss now for a solution guys. From my perspective I can't see anything other than a faulty pump now that can cause such a surge in hyds. If anyone has any ideas or has gone through this I am all ears. Pretty much willing to try anything at this point.

I just bought a new 3800 DT, I have a week or two till it shows. I just want to get this L245 fixed so I can sell it really.

[/IMG]

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
If I had already paid the dealer to fix it, it would be headed back to the dealer. I know that's no help in the short term, but you paid them to fix it.

The only thing I can think of is possibly something wrong in the relief. Sticking/releasing violently, sticking open when you had no lift at all.
just a guess.

DooRules

Equipment
L245DT, KH161-3, M9850DT, L3800DT
I picked it up at about 4:45 on Friday from the dealer. First call Monday morning will of course be to the dealer again.

Just going to try and make it through the next week or so till the 3800 shows. Then they can have it back to fix.