l245dt front wheels

almondjoy1955

Mar 8, 2012
Au Gres Michigan
After researching the lead lag ratios and deciding what size tires i could use i made my own wheel adapters. My front rims were a cobblejob when i first bought it and new rims were too expensive and almost impossible to find anyway. I bought 3/4" steel plate drilled and tapped everything to fit and today finished at last. I have a brand new set of tires and rims that were takeoffs from another newer kubota. They have the 6" on center bolt pattern and the 4 and 5/8 pilot hole. In the spring i'll put new shoes on my orange baby.:)

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
After researching the lead lag ratios and deciding what size tires i could use i made my own wheel adapters. My front rims were a cobblejob when i first bought it and new rims were too expensive and almost impossible to find anyway. I bought 3/4" steel plate drilled and tapped everything to fit and today finished at last. I have a brand new set of tires and rims that were takeoffs from another newer kubota. They have the 6" on center bolt pattern and the 4 and 5/8 pilot hole. In the spring i'll put new shoes on my orange baby.:)
we need pictures:)

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Heh break an endmill drilling out those pockets? Looks good. Though what goes into those threads? My gut says a bit more thread would be a good idea. Maybe stick some nuts on the backside?

almondjoy1955

Mar 8, 2012
Au Gres Michigan
The threads are for the lug bolts for the new rims. 14x1.5. I did use a 1" end mill to start then had to go to 1/2" after dulling the first one. I finished the second plate with a new 1" carbide end mill. The pilot hole piece will be held with 4 roll pins and then weldedThe large bore holes are for countersinking 12x1.25 bolts onto the tractor hub.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Your 245 will be well worth the work once it is dressed up and running! Good job!

almondjoy1955

Mar 8, 2012
Au Gres Michigan
I bought it in march of 2012. I had to put a new head gasket on.I have a fel due to be delivered any day now. I got it from coldwater tractor in wa. state. Can't wait to get it on. I enjoy my tractor a lot. I also repainted it last summer and put all new decals on.

almondjoy1955

Mar 8, 2012
Au Gres Michigan
Baby got new shoes today. Here are a few pics. I made adapter plates for the new rims and tires. The l245dt was so hard to find rims for so i made plates so i could use most any Kubota rim. The old rims were in bad shape. The pilot hole and the lug pattern were almost impossible to find. I still have the same size tire and my lead lag ratio seems to be within spec.. When I get more time i'll double check. So far all is well that ends well.

Attachments

overalls

Equipment
Kubota L245DT loader backhoe
Nov 2, 2014
WA
Thats great you didn't give in to the outrageous price they want for the stock rim just not sure if my time right now is any less value than giving in. Someone shound setup shop with a template to make these and sell them. I would think $115 they could sell for (a peice) Just to do one set would be much more. I had the calcium liquid slowly leak and rot a rim. Removed the stuff from the other to prevent that from happening again. Just don't think my needs from a tractor requires the calcium front or rear. I have talked to Les Schawb about getting a blank rim and drilling it myself. They told me they had a vendor. and will get back to me. As light duty as I use the tractor I don't think the pilot hole support is critical with six bolts. If I find a 5 bolt 16" rim with the 3.5 pilot hole I will drill the mounting plate for the rim.

Hats off to you!

overalls