L225

jvillads

Apr 5, 2011
Alberta
Hello all, I purchased a well used L225 a few months ago and it has been very good to me up until a few nights ago. I was pulling some trees I had cut down into the pasture with it and all of a sudden out of nowhere the was this loud knocking coming from what I assume to be the motor. I shut it down immediatly, and checked the oil level again( I check it everytime before starting) and it looked ok, for having just been shut off. I started it again and the knocking sound keeps up with the RPM of the engine. So I shut it down again, and thought about how much this is going to cost me. I was all the way on the other side of the yard so my plan was to start it up and keep the RPM low and back up as fast as I could to the shop so it was accesable to work on, and as soon as I started it again, no noise, nothing:confused:. My question is, what would cause this motor to knock like that and then stop all of a sudden????? I have not used it since then and have not had time to do anymore troublshooting. Any help would ne greatly appreciated. I am mechanicaly inclined but I want some more info before I start tearing the motor down. Thanks in advance.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Funny store; i had just finished installing fuel injectors and set the wrench down on top of the radiator and forgot about it. Fired up the motor and a horrible knocking sound immediately started. Took me a few minutes to figure out what had happened and to see that the wrench had fallen down and was resting on the fan blades. Tell ya what, i thanked my lucky stars that night!

Moral of the store; ensure that nothing is making contact with any moving part of the tractor/motor.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
The compression release lever is a pull know just left of the steering wheel on the instrumentation panel. Can't miss it. Its pretty hard to pull "accidentally" so my guess is you didn't pull that.