L2050 DT Operating Question (Newbie)

LEBoyd

Equipment
L2050DT
Aug 30, 2009
Houston, TX
I was given an L2050DT by a client. (If you read the repair forum, you know it has a rear main seal oil leak.)

Now that I replaced the water pump and have it cooling properly, and once I get the oil leak fixed, I'm thinking "Free" 4WD Kubota Tractor with loader and bush hog can't be all bad!

While I did some mowing (10 minutes) and a lot of studying of the tractor, there's one thing I can't figure out. Below the seat in the middle of the hydro (I think it's the hydro) there is a hand-turned valve that says "<--Open Close -->". I've used a lot of tractors before - but none with this valve and none with a frontend loader.

Anybody have the time to let me know what this valve is?

Also, the front of the body is rough (to say the least), there are no side panels and the top is barely acceptable. Where might I search for used body panels?

TIA,

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I agree with eserv. Adjusting that valve will adjust how fast the 3 point hitch drops when you lower the float lever.

You can try West Kentucky Tractors for used parts, however they haven't been very prompt when responding to my requests....:(