L175 weak hydraylics

saltycap

Equipment
L175
May 2, 2013
Vineland NJ
Hi new guy here. I have an L175 with a loader. Both the loader and the lift arms are slow and weak struggling to lift a hundred lbs or so. The screen is clean and the TDH fluid is new. Is there anything other than a weak pump that could cause this problem. Also, is the accessory block simply a splitter?

saltycap

Equipment
L175
May 2, 2013
Vineland NJ
L175 weak hydraulics

Hi new guy here. I have an L175 with a loader. Both the loader and the lift arms are slow and weak struggling to lift a hundred lbs or so. The screen is clean and the TDH fluid is new. Is there anything other than a weak pump that could cause this problem. Also, is the accessory block simply a splitter?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Re: L175 weak hydraulics

Probably need to post this in the Service, Repair & Maintenance section.

Txcowboy13

Equipment
L-4400 with LA 703 FEL, 6' Bushhog, disc, roll hipper
Jun 22, 2013
Nederland, Texas, US
I have a L-4400 and the FEL lifting capacity seem low when I purchase my tractor used. So, I did a little research and found on Tractorbynet.com, a forum on how to increase the Hydraulic pressure setting by replacing the manufacture washers with a larger one and checking your pressure increase by placing a psi guage on your FEL quick coupler located above the control handle. It was simple and I increased the psi from 2495 psi to 2630 psi. This setting was base on the manufactor's max. setting psi for this model. I bought a quick coupler fitting at the dealer and asked what the max setting was for my Hyd. relief system, went to the the local hardware store and bought a 5 cent flat washer about the size of a dime. I remove the plug in the relief valve block and replaced two thin washers with the one I purchased and the setting was just right. Remember that I set my psi to whatever the max. operating psi was set by the manufacter and do not exceed that setting. I have been operating my orange BeBe for some time now with this setting and feel very please with the way it operates now, alot more lifting capacity. On that web site they had picture and detail instructions on how to increase the psi. It has worked for me and others that are satified, hope that this has helped answer your problem.